3 | one last sunset

You watched me like I was the most beautiful sunset in the world.

You noticed me when no one else did.
When all the others were rushing to their houses after a long day, you stopped and you stared.

Your face was in awe; you loved the colours I spilt.
You loved my hair, wild and dangerous, adorned in colours you never even thought possible.
You passed your fingers through every strand, you passed your fingers through every streak of orange, dark blue and fiery red of my sunset.

You made me feel beautiful,
a miracle that happens once in a lifetime.

But you knew the darkness followed, nothing worth staying for anymore, nothing overwhelming.

You turned to leave.

But baby, didn't you know I needed you more, now that the sun was down?
Did my darkness scare you away?
But didn't you know?
I would've lit up with a thousand stars for you, even if they burnt me; even if a thousand supernovas ignited me on fire.

But you didn't stay,
you wouldn't even turn back and look at me.

And I shattered.. into infinite shooting stars.

One shooting star, for every tear.

I waited.
I broke into a sunrise, holding a breath.

A day passed ever so slowly, a day that seemed to have no end.
I waited for you, for a touch, for a kiss.

Into a sunset I turned, your favourite time of the day, your favourite shade of me.

You didn't come that day, nor the day that followed, nor a hundred days after.

And after ages, you finally showed up.

Your face in awe..
Your fingers aching for my touch.

And that's when I understood...
You knew I'll always be there,
you knew that my sunset will always be there for you.
Whenever you felt like it, you would stop, and watch, and pass your fingers through all my colours.
Your face would still be in awe, but now I knew I was not beautiful...
I was not a miracle happening once in a lifetime...
not even close.

It's funny how you think for every day there would always be a sunset, for every day there would be me, waiting for you.

But baby, didn't you know?
Even the whole world has an end.
one.
last.
sunset.

-
With love,

-With love,