-20-

"Hiya, folks!  Welcome to The Spotted Cat!  I hope ya enjoy your stay and stick around for the show later!  It'll be a good one!"

"Welcome to the new and improved and best jazz club in New Orleans, folks!  We took this place from rags to riches just for y'all!  And make sure to stick around for the show later to see one of the best saxophone players in the state!  Ya can't miss it!"

"Welcome!  Glad ya could make it down!  Stick around for the show and tell your pals to visit the new and improved jazz club!  There's none other like it in New Orleans!  Believe me on that!"

To say Brendon was soaring above cloud nine was an understatement.  Crowds and crowds of curious people poured through The Spotted Cat's front doors, and in no time, the place was nearly packed to the brim, the buzz of conversations filling the air.  This was one of the busiest nights they'd had in weeks.  There sure was going to be one hell of an audience for the show later.  Brendon couldn't wait.

"Hi, ma'am!  Welcome to The Spotted Cat!  Would ya like me to take your coat so you can sit down and order a drink?  We've got one of the best bars in the city of New Orleans!  Ya haven't lived until you've tasted our drinks!"

"Hey now, Brendon, don't be sendin' a boat load of folks over to my counter.  I'm havin' a hard time keepin' up."

Jon Walker flashed a devious smirk as he leaned forward against the bar counter.  He was sporting a jet black tuxedo and a striking white bow tie, his hair clean and perfectly styled to his liking.  He looked more dapper and handsome than Brendon had ever seen him.

"It's just business, Jon,"  Brendon replied with a smirk of his own, approaching the bar counter to take a seat.  "Gotta make the most of this busy night."

"I don't think I've ever seen so many folks jammed into one room,"  Jon said, glancing around the packed jazz club.  It was insanely loud, multiple conversations melding into one amalgamation of noise.  Not to mention it was incredibly hot and stuffy.  Brendon was almost tempted to keep the door propped open.

"Me neither,"  Brendon agreed with a sigh.  "Man, I love doin' this stuff, but it sure as hell makes me tired."

Jon scoffed, retrieving an empty glass from underneath the counter to tend to a new customer.  "You're tellin' me, kid."  He filled up the glass with a golden whiskey and slid it down the counter toward the eager man who ordered it.  "I've been workin' my ass off tryin' to keep up with this crowd.  It's makin' me crazy."

"But you do make the best drinks in New Orleans,"  Brendon said, flashing Jon a wink.

"Don't flatter me, kid.  It doesn't work like that."

The bell above the door jingled as another group of people filed into the building.  They hung their coats on the rack, taking in the warmth and comfort the atmosphere of The Spotted Cat brought.  Brendon even thought he recognized the couple as they smiled and viewed their surroundings, a sense of awe twinkling in their eyes.  It didn't take Brendon long to realize it was the couple he had talked to at the marketplace all those weeks ago.

"If one more person walks through that door, I swear this building is gonna explode,"  Jon remarked.  "We've been busy before, but what's so special about tonight?  I don't know if I'm gonna be able to keep up with all the drinks these folks are gonna order."

"Oh, c'mon, Jon,"  Brendon said with a grin.  "You're great at what ya do.  Besides, I'm sure Jynx will help ya out."

As if on cue, the sleek black cat silently leaped up onto the counter from behind the bar, her amber eyes twinkling and a little white bow tie around her neck.  She meowed at Brendon as she curled her tail around her poised feet.