1

Tell me where love lies

The wind slightly blows around dark city, leaving a chilly aftershock. The city lights brighten up the dark place, but dark beings still lurk in the darkness, waiting for their next victim.

People, many people walk these streets. Talking to one another, casually type on their devices, not giving a care in the world. They blindly walk these streets. They don't know the scary things that hide during the day, but she does. Mia surely knows.

She quietly walks the streets, observing everything in front of her. From the trees that blow wildly, to the homeless guy picking at his ear. She never liked walking the streets. She always found them scary. Whenever she did walk them, something bad happened.

Well, not to her, but she would see it happen to someone else. Oh, she always did see. But quite frankly, she has no choice. It's either risk her life and walk down these creepy roads, or be stuck in a car with a dead beat man she calls her father who carelessly, is always drunk.

How she didn't like her father. Chris, that was his name. After her mother died, when she was ten, things slowly had gotten worse. First Chris was distant. He never wanted to talk to his daughter as much. He always hid in his study, sulking his life away.

Then, he became more verbal, but not in a nice way. He always blamed Mia for the death of his wife. As if she were the drunk driver who crashed into her car. He always called her names no father should should call their child. Their daughter as a matter of fact. He's even laid a hand on her a few times, but only when he's really mad.

Even after she turned eighteen, she tried to leave her abusive father, but that was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Nearly impossible.

He had claimed the she was so useless that nobody would want her, so he said that she couldn't leave. And if she did, bad things would happen. But, she was very surprised when he said that she could go to college, but only the one that was 10 minutes away from their home.

Now, at the age of 21, she's freshly out of college in the town and is still stuck with the man who use to be her father.

She shakes thought of her father from her brain, making her curly hair swoosh back and forth on her head. She just tries to focus on getting home with the beer her oh so kind father asked for.

As she walks, she reaches the part of the walk she hates, the dark area. This is a part of the neighborhood where everything happens. In this place, there's no nice people looking for good. There's no shiny, pretty lights to lighten up the place. This place is just a cold, dark area for all the predators to come out.

She shakes her head again of the scary thoughts, walking faster when she sees random people look at her. She doesn't want to get hurt out here, she never did. She just wants to make it home safe, even though its not really safe there either. Then, she sees something, like any other night.

Far ahead of her, she sees a guy with a fearful look on his face, as if he's running away from something. He had ran out the alley way and had stopped to take a breath, but I freeze in my spot when when he's suddenly shot in his thigh. Now, she sees stuff every night, but this is the most horrific thing she's seen yet.

He screams out in pain, as he lands to the floor with a hard thud. But he still continues to get away, crawling slowly on the concrete side walk. He cries out in agony, as his shot leg scrapes against the unforgiving sidewalk. But he doesn't give up. He still tries to get away from the person the person who shot him. Mia covers her mouth in shock and fear, not able to move.

Then someone walks out of the alley way, with a gun. It was a guy, a tall man with broad shoulders, looking more intimidating. He holds a sinister smile on his face as he bends down to the poor man, who's helplessly bleeding out on the ground. He roughly grabs his face and sticks the gun inside his mouth, making the poor man scream again in fear. The guy only laughs.

"Don't scream now Isaac. You weren't screaming when you stole my money!" He growled at the man, pushing the gun more in his face. The poor man tries to speak to him, trying to find some way to not get killed, but nothing works.

"Say goodbye Isaac." Isaac screams again before the scary man shoots him through the head, ending him for good. At the sight of this, Mia screams out of fear. The mysterious crazy man quickly turns his head to her direction, seeing who was there.

Her breath gets caught in her throat when he looks at her with a dark glare. And without thinking, she runs. She runs as fast as she can. She sobs helplessly as he gains on her.

But when she crosses the road, a bunch of cars start driving really fast, giving the guy no way to cross over to get her. They are now around the city lights, where she can clearly see his face, as he can with hers. He still hold that glare as she wears on with fear.

For some reason, she can't seem to move her feet. To run away from the scary man. She seems to be and some kind of trance of this mystery guy. The mystery guy looks at her with the same glare, but slightly admires her, also seeming to be in a trance. The way he looks at her, it gives her chills down her spine. Not chills of excitement, but fear. He had struck a fear in her that she had never knew could exist.

They both just stare at eachother, not daring to look away. But what he says to her finally had her running all the way back to the place she called home.

"This is not over yet girl. I'll find you again, that's a promise."