10

Need this time to meditate...

"Mia."

His deep voices echoes through the empty room she calls home now. She stiffly sits on the uncomfortable bed as she makes eye contact with the man she used to call her father, fear coursing through her veins. He wears a dress suit with his hair styled nicely, but on his handsome face sits a mean glare.

Mia hated how on the outside her father looked like the perfect, charismatic man. With the same brown eyes as hers, he looked like a good man with the right priorities. If only everyone knew that he was the exact opposite.

She narrows her eyes at him in a hateful manner. "You knew I would be here, didn't you?" When he looked away, not answering her, she then yelled at him.

"Didn't you?!" When she got in his face, Lorenzo, who was calmly standing back in the corner of her room, had grabbed her and sat her back down on the bed. She rolled her eyes at Lorenzo.

"Yes, I did. Eventually you were gonna be here." Her father stated, no guilt or sorrow in his tone or on his face. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean eventually?"

"I sold you to him Mia."

Stunned.

Copious amount of sadness.

And a new scar for my broken heart...

Mia didn't know what to say to the man who had supposedly sold her to the devil. Even Lorenzo in the back was feeling the thick tension in the room. How was she suppose to feel?

Angry?

Sad?

Confused?

She almost wanted to laugh the whole situation off. Her father had brought enough pain to her every single day. All of this was nothing new. If anything, he just went a level higher in torturing his only daughter.

"Hahaha! Sell me..... fucking sell me?!" She laughs it off as if it's some hilarious joke. Maybe she was finally going crazy..

"Yes, but you ruined that by stealing his fucking car!" He yells at at her crazy form, quickly stopping all movements.

"B-but they almost raped me. You remember right?" She desperately asks him as he stares her down with a hard glare. "Right?!"

"Those were important customers of mine. You should've just sucked it up."

She sat absolutely astonished at his mocking words, heartbroken. Did he not care that his own daughter was almost raped? Was he that heartless?

"Get out." Mia suddenly says in a deadly tone she's never used before. Both Lorenzo and her father were shocked at her current state.

"Mia, you need to unde-"

"Did I stutter?" She sounds as clear as day, with a crazed look in her eye.

"I said get out!" She rages, standing up on her two feet, pointing to the door. She quietly winces as the pain from the bruise on her face was hurting her.

Her father stands up too, in absolute shock. He never knew his daughter possessed so much anger in her. He didn't know whether to be angry at her or scared. But when has he ever showed fear to her? Not now, not ever.

"Mia! You listen to-" he stopped mid sentence confused when she walks right past him to her night stand. That confusion however turns into fear when she picks up the glass vase and yanks out the beautiful roses that sat in them.

Determination is coursing through her veins as she throws the glass vase with all her might at her father, who looks like he's about to shit his pants.

Without a second, he quickly makes it to the door, running out fast enough so instead of the vase hitting him, it hits the now closed door, breaking into pieces. All he is left to hear is his daughter's pained and angry cries, making him feel the slightest bit if guilt.

Outside the door stands Valentine as he looks back at the man who had just broke his daughter's heart.

"Good job Chris, you did it." Valentine blandly tells him as her father looks absolutely heart broken and torn. He then looks back at Valentine with pure hatred.

"This is all your fault! All of it! You made me sell her!" As he said that, another broken cry of Mia's floods throughout the whole house, sending bad chill down their backs.

"You are already a horrible father to her, and besides, this was your idea two months ago. I'll tell you once and once only, do not blame me for your foolish ways. You owed me money and she was your only ticket to saving your pathetic life." He reasoned with the pathetic excuse of a life.  Chris glares daggers at Valentine.

"I swear I wil-"

"Chris, I think you should listen to your daughter and get out. Now. Or you will be walking out of here with no hands." Valentine didn't have to tell him twice before he was running out of the mansion like a mad man.

Now turning to her door, Valentine quietly opens the door to see Mia completely sobbing on Lorenzo's shoulder as he awkwardly sits beside her, not knowing what to do.

One day my Mia, you will understand some day....