2

I know you're dying to meet me

Running, Mia holds the cold beer bottles against her chest, wishing at that moment that her breasts weren't so big, as they jump against her. Her breath becomes more shallow as she runs faster, hoping and praying that the scary man doesn't catch her. As she runs, her house comes to view. The rustic, old house she had lived in for all her life now looks dead, lifeless. Back then it was more lively, loving, friendly, a real home.

She remembers when they use to have family barbeques every once in a while. The laughter and happiness floated in the air as the sun shined on everyone. Kids use to run around, playing tag and other games as the adults talked freely, enjoying the happy atmosphere. Oh how she misses those days.

As she runs up the steps, she turns around to make sure for the hundredth time he didn't follow her. When he's not there, she lets out a sigh of relief, finally able to catch her breath. She reatches for the house keys in her back pocket as she lightly laughs at herself and slightly shakes her head, surprised that she had gotten away. "I can't believe that actually happened".

Once the front door is unlocked, she turns the knob and pushes the door open with her right shoulder, the smell of alcohol hitting her nose. She scrunches her nose up in disgust as she closes the door and looks around their small living room. There laid her dead beat father passed out on the couch, as a empty beer bottle lays on his chest. He snores loudly as Mia walks to the kitchen and places the beer she bought on the counter.

She looks at the time on the stove, which reads 1 am, as she rubs her eyes tiredly. Picking up one empty can after the other, she's done cleaning the messy livng room, until it has to be clean again tomorrow night. She turns off the tv and quietly walks away to her room, making sure to not wake her father, for he'll be as pissed as ever.

Making it to her room, she tiredly takes off her worn out jeans and t-shirt and then puts on a tank top and shorts. She goes up to her window, looking out at the darkness on her street and closes the curtains. After turning off the lights, she then gets into her queen size bed and goes under her white covers, getting ready to sleep.

She tried to get the thoughts of that scary man out of her head, but it was hard. What had he meant by "I will find you"? Maybe he had just said that to scary her, but she couldn't shake away the feeling. The way he looked at her haunted her mind. Those dark eyes never left hers. He might have been beautiful, but those eyes say something else. Something that truely scares her. She rolls her eyes and huffs out in annoyance.

"Go away." She mumbles as she turns onto her side, trying to go to sleep, before she has to wake up at 7 to go to work.

When sleep calls her name, she's sucked into a peaceful darkness, thinking about the man that haunts her.

°

A blaring noise shouts through her room, making her groan out in dislike. She blindly uses her hand and slaps down on her night stand until she finds the alarm clock and stops it from it's noise. She rubs her eyes tiredly as she sits up and stretches out, cracking her bones slightly.

She then gets up from the comfy bed and walks into her bathroom, letting out a scream when she looks in the mirror. "Goodness, I look like shit", she whispers to herself, horrified.

She does her bathroom business and walk to the closet and puts on some jeans and a white t-shirt, making sure to wear the appropriate color for work.

After putting her clothes on, she rushes to the kitchen and makes her father breakfast. Making breakfast was good in her father's eyes. If he had breakfast, the day was going to be bearable. If no breakfast, then you're a dead man.

When she's finished, she places his food and a beer on the table and walks into the living room to see that he's now sitting up, rubbing his eyes from sleep."You're breakfast is on the counter", she says quietly. He grunts in response, making that her cue to leave. Walking to the front door, she slips on her worn out shoes and grabs her purse before leaving the house.

Once she makes it to the diner she works at, she walks in and welcomes the smell of pancakes to her nose. This is the place where she doesn't have to worry. Sure, she rarely talks to anyone but Nancy, the nice older lady who hired her, but it gives her peace. All her fears go away when she's here.

She sees Nancy behind the counter, waving happily at Mia, as she waves back. Walking up to her, she gives her a well needed hug, laughing lightly.

"Hi there sweety, how's your morning so far honey?", she asks me as Mia goes and puts on her apron, making sure the pen and pad were in there. She smiles lightly. "My morning is going good so far. Oh you wouldn't believe what happened yesterday!" Nancy looks curious and excited at her. As everyone knows, this part of town is not the best, so there was always something happening.

"Make sure you're always careful honey, we don't need to lose you." She tells Mia seriously. Nancy looked at Mia as her own daughter, always keeping an eye out for her. Mia waves her off.

"I always am." Nancy gives her a worried look before shaking her head and both walk out into the diner, looking at the customers.

"So, I'm walking home at night and-"

"And you'll share this story with me after work. You should start ordering now, more people keep coming in!" Mia shakes her head at her with laughter but does as she's told anyway. Walking up to a table, she takes out her note pad with her pen, ready to write down the order.

"Its you..." Mia looks at the customer who said that and comes to a complete shock when she finds its the scary man from yesterday. Maybe if she plays it cool, he'll probably think it's a mistake.

"Hey there! Welcome to Nancy's Diner. What would like for breakfast?" Her hands slightly shake with the pen in nervousness. The scary man raises a brow at her, making her more scared.

"Nice try girl, but I don't forget a face. Especially a face that saw me do my dirty work. Now tell me, what exactly did you see?" He says in a not so nice tone. He stares at her with no emotion what so ever, staring into her soul. She clears her throat.

"I didn't see anything, nor do I know what you're talking about. Now, I suggest you get the buttermilk pancakes if yo-"

"Don't lie to me!" He growls out, scaring the living hell out of her. Some people notice, but they still sit there, watching quietly as the scene unfolds.

Her heart beats faster as she takes a step back from him. When he notices, he harshly grabs her arm, bringing her face fine to his face. His dark eyes stare deeply into hers as his grip tightens on her arms, making it hurt.

"Don't think you can get away from this Mia, because this is just the beginning." He growls lowly into her ear, as a fearful shiver runs down her back. Nancy pulls her away from his grip as she wonders how he knew her name.

"Sir, we do not tolerate this behavior in my diner. I am asking you to leave right now." He turns his heated gaze to Nancy as Mia quietly stands behind her, too scared to speak.

"Sorry ma'am, didn't mean to disturb anyone." He then gets up and fiercely walks away, not without giving Mia one last cold glare.