12

I need a gangster to love me better...

It was 3 am.

All the maids, including me, had come out of our rooms when we heard multiple screams from someone in the mansion. It was quite terrifying actually.

The crazy thing was that nobody made any moves to run out of this horrible place. It was like we were more scared about getting caught by the boss than getting caught by a possible intruder.

Everyone was mumbling to each other, wondering what the hell was going on, despite the no socializing rule.

"Probably another poor innocent soul that got caught in the crossfire."

"He killed someone again, what's new?"

"Do you think he was attacked?"

"Should we just run?"

"Maybe someone just saw a spider."

Okay, even that wasn't believable. I on the other hand kept to myself. It was way too early for all this bullshit to be happening now. All I wanted to do now was go back to bed where I can escape this hell for a few more hours.

What the fuck was going on?

Before I could think more, Lorenzo came rushing down, with a somewhat relief look upon his face. Instead of a suite I would usually see him in, he wore a pair of pajama pants and a shirt.

Well of course he is, you think he'll go to bed in a suit?

"Everyone back to your sleeping quarters." He orders sternly as people continue to murmur, just as confused as me.

"What happened?" One of the maids ask in a risk of him getting upset. And by the look on his face, he does.

"I don't think that's any of your business, now is it?" He harshly points out the her as she cowardly steps back in fright, shaking her head 'no'. Gosh, he's more pissy in the morning than I thought.

"Everyone back to their rooms now!" He yells at us in a more scary tone, making everyone shut up and head for their rooms.

Shit, don't gotta tell me twice.

As I open my door, he stops me.

"Mia", he speaks. Turning around, I look up at him?

"Yes?"

"I need you to come with me, the boss has requested you." Closing my door, he grabs my upper arm and walks us to the office.

Request who, me? Oh no no no I am not dealing with that pissy man again.

"Request me? What the hell its like 3 in the morning! And damn why you gotta pull on my arm like I'm some pet!? That shit hurts like a mother f-"

Smack.

My head spins in the direction he hit me, my face now leaving a burning sensation that wanted to make me cry. I turn my head back to him with a shocked and fearful look as he stares me down with an annoyed look.

"Shut the fuck up."

And I did.

I just stare ahead while taking quick side looks at him as his face still looked annoyed from the previous events.

What an asshole...

"I heard that." He grumbles as I shrink back in embarrassment and fear. When we make it to the door, he opens it and pushes me in, like the first time. I turn back to him with a salty look on my face.