14

Two weeks later and Eloise hadn't seen Charlie since she went to the Burrow

Two weeks later and Eloise hadn't seen Charlie since she went to the Burrow. She didn't mean to ignore his owls, really. She was just hard at work. August was a busy month for a wandmaker! She already felt like she had been neglecting her work, spending so much time away hanging out with Charlie and Keira, but then she had so many wands to make, and so many first years stopping in to buy their first wand. So cancelling on their Friday evening outing to the Leaky Cauldron two weeks in a row was not on purpose.

It was the third Monday of the month, meaning there were two and a half weeks of utter hell for Eloise before the first years would be shipped off to Hogwarts. There were, of course, still students from other countries that would begin school later in the year that would come all the way to London to buy a wand from Ollivander's. However, it would calm down a lot after the first day of September, coincidently 2 days before Eloise's birthday.

She was currently locked away in her workshop whittling away at a tough piece of oak that simply wouldn't behave for her, when she heard the tinkle of the bell the floor below. She had closed the shop up at six, and looking at her watch, she noticed that a few hours had gone by and it would be odd for any customer to be stopping by at this hour anyway. And of course, she had forgotten to lock up.

She rose from her seat at the workbench and headed for the stairs, wand at the ready, and called out, "Hello?"

"Hello!" A cheery voice shouted back, and Eloise rolled her eyes before trotting down the steps.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, not unkindly, but firmly. While she had missed his company, and she was so happy to see him that it almost physically hurt, she simply did not have the time for this.

"Making sure you're alive, of course," Charlie laughed, stepping around her and going up the staircase.

"Charlie!" Eloise cried, frustrated with the man. She grumpily went over and locked the door before following him upstairs.

She found him at her bench, carefully inspecting the wand she had just begun work on. It was her second of the night, and to only have been working for a few hours after such a busy day, she was doing pretty well.

"This is nice," he observed casually, sitting down in her seat. She leaned up against the tabletop and crossed her arms, glaring down at him.

"Thank you. I'm working, Charlie."

"Yes, I see that," He frowned. "Nice to see you too, by the way."

She sighed, letting her arms fall back to her side in surrender. "Sorry. Yes, I love that you stopped by. Now please go."

"Ooh, sassy Moreau, here." The statuesque man stood up then, looking her up and down as if inspecting her, making her want to hide behind her hair. You could say that Eloise had almost gotten used to being around such an attractive guy all of the time, but it had been a few weeks and he was looking at her raptly.