19

Waking up in Charlie's arms was something that Eloise could definitely get used to

Waking up in Charlie's arms was something that Eloise could definitely get used to. When she finally woke up, she had no idea what time it was, but she knew it was late at night due to the lack of sunlight streaming in from the crack in the curtains. She didn't move though, but instead savored the feeling of Charlie's fingertips brushing against the bare skin of her waist where her shirt had begun to ride up. Any other day she would probably be mortified, but somehow the familiarity of the man next to her kept her calm.

Or rather, she would have been calm, if Charlie's finger hadn't started softly drawing circles. He was awake?

She felt her breath catch in her throat, and tried to remain still. However, something about this action alerted the man, and the circles stopped abruptly. He didn't move though, instead just halted. She waited.

Nothing.

The silence was agonizing, and she wished he would just tease her, or ask her to leave, or push her away in disgust, or at the very least, call her out for not putting some space between them since the time she woke up nearly twenty minutes prior.

After the longest few moments she'd ever endured, she managed to whisper, "Charlie?"

"Hm?" He resumed drawing circles. She let him for a brief moment, then turned to face him, letting his hand fall to the wrinkled striped sheets. When she met his warm eyes, she melted a bit, before trying and failing to collect herself. "What is it?" he asked.

She couldn't remember what she was going to say.

"I'm hungry," he told her, after she failed to string together any sort of coherent thought.

"Go get some food," she replied, voice shaky.

"Come with me," he pleaded, breaking out the puppy dog eyes.

She bit back a groan. "What if we wake up your family? Or run into them in the hall?" she worried aloud.

He laughed, "Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, dear, but I think everyone probably knows you're here. My mum already saw you, and didn't you say Bill let you in? He's quite the gossip."

"Alright then, come on. I want a snack too." She bit back a giggle at Charlie's childlike expression at the mention of snacks. She clumsily stood up and attempted to drag the tall man up as well, ignoring his laughter as she tried to yank him to his feet.

When he finally allowed her to help him up, he held onto her, enveloping her small hand in his much larger one and squeezing tightly before entwining their fingers and pulling her out the door and down the twisty staircase.

"What time is it anyway?" she whispered as she was tugged down the dark hallway and into the dimly lit kitchen.

He checked his watch and a crooked grin graced his face. "Half past four. Does that make this breakfast?"