Savory Soup

Surprisingly, the next weeks hit the town of Riverdale with rain. The dusty grey clouds covered the sky, and the tree leaves dripped with rainwater. Children played in puddles and made paper boats to float in the faux streams.

  Betty was at home, her curtains open as she watched the raindrops drip down the window. Her cat Caramel was curled up on Betty's pillow, purring when the blonde stroked her fur gently.

  Her parents were out, they were visiting their friends, and Betty didn't feel like being in a room filled with adults and no one to talk to.

  She turned over in her covers and yawned. The cloudy sky made the day seem late, and made her sleepy. She stood up and opened the window, relishing in the wet scent of the rain. She could only hear the water droplets hit against the window. She remembered waking up in Jughead's bed like this, the day those chips got lost in her hair on his pillow, and eating a doughnut for breakfast.

 She heard a loud banging sound, waking her from her thoughts.  The front door of her house seemed to have been slammed open. She peeked her head out of her door hesitantly; were her parents home? 

  Caramel meowed loudly before jumping down the stairs. The blonde followed, just as curious as her cat. When she arrived at the bottom of the stairs she saw Jughead. He was dripping wet, his soaked hat clenched in his hand. 

  Betty ran up to him, gripping his arms, "What happened? Why were you outside in this weather?"

  "I was trying to take a shower."

  Betty hit him playfully on his head and he chuckled in reply.

  "Actually, I just came back from Pop's. Well, walking to Pop's. Before I could get there I got caught in the storm and decided to come back."

  The blonde held his cheeks in her hands and kissed him on the forehead, "Oh my gosh! You're so cold!"

  Jughead chuckled and removed her hands, "I know, I was hoping your house was warm."

  She scoffed, "Why  don't you just go into the backyard and go home?"

  He came closer and gripped her hips, "Because I want you to warm me up."

  Jughead kissed her softly, and Betty returned, leaning in closer and placing her hands on his shoulders. 

  "Alright fine, I'll get you a towel. "

  The male walked up the stairs behind Betty, she went into the closet and pulled out a large purple towel. She walked up to Jughead and wrapped him in the towel, "You might want to change, so I can dry your clothes."

  Jughead quirked an eyebrow, "I don't have any clothes here . . . do you want me to walk around naked?"

  He came in closer to Betty, she awkwardly coughed and her face flushed red, "N-No! Let me find you something."

  Jughead laughed and followed her again, but this time into her bedroom. She began digging through her drawers and found the sweater he gave her; the sweater he gave her on a day like this, the rainy day spent at Pop's, the place with the best lemonade. She looked around some more and found the paper wrapping to the fudge he bought her last Christmas. Betty smiled and left it on top of her dresser, where pictures of her and Jughead were pushed into the corners of the mirror. Her smile grew brighter as her gaze turned the most recent selfie of them at the park, snow cones in hand.

  She turned around and handed Jughead his sweater, "Let me find you some pants."

  "Are you sure? I don't think I need them."