twenty four

Ara nearly had to break out in a sprint to stay close to Taehyung. How fast was this dude? His legs were too long, and Ara's were too short. He may have been barely speed walking but Ara was jogging. 

"Can you-" she breathed, her scarf muffling her voice, "can you please- please slow down?" 

Taehyung glanced behind, seeing how she was having difficulty breathing, and obeyed her request, slowing down and taking smaller steps. He felt bad, but the image of articles calling out Taehyung for being at a cafe with Ara haunted him.

No, he didn't just care for himself. It was for Ara. What if people were to identify her? Call her names? Trash her? Harass her?

His heart nearly dropped thinking about it. 

Well, at least Ara had shooed the girl away and gave them doubts, but of course, there was always a dedicated fan out there. Taehyung didn't want her to get hurt. 

Finally, when they reached a reasonable distance, Taehyung completely halted to a slow walk which allowed Ara to catch up and stand besides him. She was still huffing, her lungs begging for air. 

Taehyung glanced at her worriedly. 

"Gym class was never my forte, okay?" she managed to let out, slowly catching her breath. Taehyung smiled a bit, but it was hidden underneath his mask. 

Ara gave a quick look around their surroundings. They were heading north on a different street that was east of the cafe. It was empty out, saved from a few passerbys coming to and from work. 

"Where are we going?" Ara finally asked after a silence of walking. She really needed to finish studying for her math exam. So far, she had only completed 25% of her review, and only 3% was correct. 

Taehyung bit his lip. He hadn't planned on bringing her to the studio so early, but it was the safest place he could think of. It was a good thing that fans didn't hang around outside or stalk around, and he was happy about that. 

It was better than bringing her to the apartments, and if he were to do that everyone including Ara would've been uncomfortable. 

"Uh, the," he cleared his throat, "a place where it's easy to study." 

Baby steps. Baby steps, he reminded himself silently. 

Ara snuck a glance over at him, noticing he was a bit nervous. She hummed and didn't comment anything else. All she could think about was her math exam. 

If she were to get anything below a 90 on the test, it would extremely effect her gpa. Then it would affect her ranking. Then it would interfere with her scholarship money. 

She needed to get a good grade. 

Ara allowed herself to think about Taehyung for a moment. If it wasn't for her exam clouding her mind, she would lose her mind realizing that the Taehyung from her texts was the same Taehyung that danced around on stage to millions of viewers. 

Before she could throw herself into an inescapable void of a crisis, she found both herself and Taehyung standing in front of a building. Taehyung didn't say a word as he pushed open the doors. 

Inside, it was sparkling clean. The walls and floors looked like they were scrubbed and polished every hour. There were potted plants placed in certain spots that looked strategic almost, along with the paintings and various discs hung on the wall. 

She didn't get enough time to think before Taehyung walked further in the building. A recipionist in the front stopped him. 

"Ah, good morning, Taehyung," the lady politely smiled, her hair neatly tucked back, "I thought today was your day off?" 

"Good morning," he greeted back before shyly rubbing his neck, "yeah, I just thought I should work on something." 

She nodded before glancing behind Taehyung and noticing Ara. Taehyung almost groaned. He had hoped that she would've stayed hidden behind him, being that she was so small. But the receptionist had sharp eyes. 

"Who is this?" her smile grew wider at the sight of Ara. Ara's eyes widened, her grip tightening on her leather bag strap. She could feel herself panic with both Taehyung and the receptionist watching her. This time, she could not go Actor Ara and suddenly come up with something on the whim. 

Taehyung made an 'ah' sound before reassuring a smile, "A songwriter. I'm asking for her help with the track I've been working on." 

The receptionist seemed to think for a moment, before realization hit her and she smiled once more and nodded her head, "I see. Good luck!" 

He thanked her before gesturing for Ara to follow her down a long hallway. While following him, she had no idea whether or not he was actually making his own song. In her mind, she immediately thought about the current situation. 

Taehyung paused suddenly in front of a door, causing Ara to walk into his back. She shuffled backwards, slightly rubbing her face in both embarrassment and pain. Taehyung just laughed and pushed the door open.

It looked like a mixing studio inside, with a large computer and soundboard set up in the middle. Trophies along with random figures aligned along the walls, a few random lantern lights hanging off the ceiling. 

"Welcome to my studio," Taehyung smiled and set his bags down a table, "or study-room. I just come in here to nap most of the time."

--

a/n

thank you guys so much for the support lately <3 ;;; y'all are so sweet ily!!!!

i will try updating once everyday, but i dont promise anything!!! i start college classes tomorrow (pls pray for me) and i have no idea how much its gonna busy me ;;;;;;

i am close to finishing updating Top Student and The Criminal Investigation Club so keep a look out for those tomorrow as well!!! 

tysm and see you next update ! <3