twenty six

"Here," Ara raised her hand to the screen, her face full of concentration, "it's here." 

Taehyung glanced over at her, watching how she leaned over and her hair shifted forward, the faint scent of vanilla emitting from it. She was close, barely a few inches from his face, and he could feel her sweater on his shoulder. 

He coughed and redirected his attention to the computer, the importance of his song distracting him from goggling at Ara. 

"This bar needs to be set lower," Ara's eyes scanned the screen and timeline of the song before considering, "the tempo could be slower too." 

Taehyung paused, wondering whether she was right or not. Whatever. He had saved the file beforehand, and there was no harm in trying something different. Afterall, he had been stuck on the same song for over three weeks. He had the lyrics, the main foundation laid out, but it didn't sound right. 

Namjoon and Yoongi had offered plenty of times to help him and look at the file, but Taehyung insisted he wanted to figure it himself. 

His eyes went to Ara once more. If she were to help him, would this song even be considered original to him? 

Ara sat back in her seat and met Taehyung's eyes. 

"But I think it's really good," Ara smiled, "obviously you worked hard on it. I can tell by all hidden layers you have." 

Taehyung laughed and moved the cursor around on the screen and began to drag around notes like Ara had suggested, deciding to not overthink about it. He had spent many nights in the studio, and he was glad he had gotten rid of the old ramen cups he had littered around the room. 

He knew the lyrics were right, but everytime he the song, mid-way, the flow would break and it sounded off. 

Ara used to compose for her band, he knew that. 

"Right click on that bar and set it near minute two," Ara said as she watched Taehyung shift things around on the program. He remembered cleaning the whole file and restarting from the beginning, trying to empty it and find what was exactly wrong, but just built again it like the original.

 He listened, careful to not suddenly jerk his hand out of being nervous and ruin the whole organization of the timeline. 

Ara hummed and nodded, "Play it." 

The play button haunted him, but he pressed it nonetheless.

--

"Never would I imagine sharing a beer with you," Ara's eyes trained on her beer can, the condensation dripping down onto her hands. She didn't bother wiping it away. 

Taehyung chuckled, "Never would I imagine finishing the song." 

Ara took a gulp of the beer, feeling it sting in her mouth and throat, but leaving a pleasant feeling her stomach. The two had decided that to celebrate finding the error in the song, a meal of fried chicken and beer would be the best. And it was. 

It had been a long time since Ara had a drink, or even with anybody at all. Back when she was in her band, there were alot of nights where they would go out and party after performing. Believe it or not, Ara was once a good dancer. 

But things went down the drain so fast. And the rush of youth was over. She was still young even now, but the wild days ended. 

"The song was already finished," Ara reached to grab some chicken, "all you changed was a few beats and the tempo." 

Taehyung swished his drink and thought for a moment, letting the feeling sink in. So, this was what it was like? Feeling content with a song? He was more relaxed than he ever had been in the past month. Maybe it was the beer, but it didn't matter. His mind was plagued with foggy thoughts bothering him anymore. 

Ara blinked, chewing her food silently. The atmosphere was so calm, the soft toned lights above casting warm shadows, the jazz music flowing through the air. The food. The comfortable muted conversation. 

Back then, Ara would only drink to have fun. Now, she was drinking to relax. It was different, but she liked it. She no longer had to worry about her math exam or review, and Taehyung was at least less stressed about his song. Well, she hoped. 

The door suddenly opened, swinging back and causing Ara to flinch and almost drop her chicken wing dipped in spicy thai sauce. That would've been bad. To clean up all that sauce. On Taehyung's floor. 

"Hey, Taehyung," a man entered, his hand hanging down and covering his eyes as he looked down at some papers, "we just got the set for the upcoming-" 

Ara's eyes met his, and his eyes widened.

--

a/n

i apologize for the late update. i just finished a presentation and also have been bed ridden for a while. 

i hope you guys don't mind ;;; 

if you all are interested, i could make a tumblr/twitter/instagram or something so it can be easier for me to keep y'all updated. im thinking of doing one shot requests, and i could also post short stories/AU ideas, etc. 

let me kno if u guys would want that!! i would also post teasers/sneak peaks of the next chapters and many some spoilers !! 

thanks for the support !!