thirty

Taehyung jumped, the loud crashing sound sending him into panic mode. He immediately turned around, hands gripping his bag strap, trying to find the source of the noise. 

It was dark out - him and Ara decided that their official sleepover would begin on Thursday, but at nine at night. Why, he didn't know. Maybe it'd be easier for him to avoid her roommates, he guessed. 

He let out a sigh of relief, pleased to hear an old lady yelling at a raccoon dashing away from a tipped over tin trash can. Luckily, it wasn't a stalker serial killer he had imagined it to be. But he still picked up his pace, following the robotic voice telling him the directions. 

"Final destination on your right," the phone announced before it shut off completely. Taehyung suddenly wondered if he should've charged it beforehand, but considering the timing, maybe it was for a good reason. Let the fate be in the hands of the gods, he concluded. 

He gazed up at the tower complex that read 'Gardens Complex.' It was tall, with at least fourteen different floors. Some of the windows were open, some shut, and some broken and boarded with wooden panels. 

Overall.... It sorta, somewhat, possibly didn't seem to be the best place to reside. The neighborhood looked dangerous, too. Maybe during the darker hours it would be even worse. Taehyung hurried into the building and dismissed his paranoid thoughts. 

Wait. What floor and apartment number did she live in?

A hazy image of Ara's text appeared into Taehyung's memory. It was definitely the... sixth floor. 45? No. 42? 

Pause. Maybe it wasn't even the sixth floor. Wasn't it the fifth? Or seventh?

--

"A-ara?" Taehyung choked out, his eyes tearing, feeling relief once again wash over his body. 

Ara pulled the door open more, her eyes widening at the sight of Taehyung. He looked too exhausted, beads of sweating dampening his hair. He was also out of breath. 

"What happened?" Ara looked around outside before dragging him inside and shutting the door, confused as to why it looked like he was running or took the all seven flights of the stairs. 

Taehyung pause to gather himself, breathing in the air and shrugging off his bags. 

"My phone died on the way here," he roughly tugged off the wooly scarf from his neck and threw it on his bags. 

"And I forgot what apartment floor and number you gave me," Taehyung's leather jacket was next. Cool air hit him once his winter wear was off, but the sweat was still on his shirt, sticking to his torso and overall making him feel both gross and exposed. 

Ara raised her eyebrows in amusement, "So you're saying you went to all the floors and knocked on all the doors?" 

Taehyung threw himself on a nearby couch and melted into the cushions that oddly smelt of cigarettes and... fruit loops?  

"It turns out old ladies are not friendly at all," he peeked an open, watching Ara hover over him, smiling at his suffering. 

"Ms. Song still hasn't forgiven me for not bringing her pears when she invited herself over," Ara sat down besides him and the couch wheeze underneath her weight. Taehyung gave a silent laugh and closed his eyes again, still tired. 

"Wait," he heard some ruffling and felt Ara's hand on his shoulders, "you're sweating all over the couch." 

"And?"

Ara stood up, her two hands grabbing his wrist and trying to pull him up, "My roommates are gonna be pissed that it'll smell bad." 

"Not that it already smells," he laughed at her attempt to tug her up, but nonetheless got up from the couch. His feet were still tired and felt the after-exhaustion of a work-out. Behind Ara, he saw another couch, a devilish smirk reaching his lips. 

"Oh, no," he groaned, exgratting and beginning to sway, "I-I don't think-" 

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" Ara panicked, trying to steady him. Instead of staying upright, he fell onto her, laughing at how she screamed and was immediately sandwiched between the couch and him. 

"Shit, sorry," he made false attempts to get up, "I'm getting my sweat all over you, oh no. Oh no, this is bad. Ah, shit, I can't get up-" 

"Ew, yuck, stop-" 

"Ahhhh," Taehyung let out the most monotone yelp when he rolled off the couch and onto the floor, his body shaking from laughing still. He shut his eyes and felt himself beginning to slip into a doze. 

A loud whack and smack on his chest woke up him, sending him sitting upright and wincing. He looked down and saw a white towel in his lap. 

"Go take a shower and we can eat take-out," Ara stood above him, arms crossed and nodding at one of the doors in the hallways, "that is the guest shower. We don't use that one." 

"What-" 

"Now," she glared at him. 

-- 

a/n

trying to pull myself out of a depressed state and a writer's block. 

hope u guys enjoyed this chapter! see you next update.