thirty two

After five hours of binge watching shows, Ara and Taehyung found themselves exhausted from doing nothing but stuffing their faces with chips and not moving.

It was a tough workout, Ara thought silently.

Their show ended with a heart breaking final episode. Taehyung was not satisfied and would normally throw a tantrum, but alas, he wasn't in the privacy of his own room but rather at Ara's apartment.

He turned over to look at Ara, testing his face on a pillow and blatantly staring with no shame.

She met his stare as well.

To Taehyung, Ara was different but the same. She had quite a personality, almost competing with his. Her looks were comparable to an amateur's model- she obviously didn't care too much what her reflection mirrored yet she still held simple beauty in that. Her hair was cut short, to Taehyung's somewhat knowledge in styling (years spent with his own stylists), he could tell she had cut it herself.

He took the time to take detail. The full, rosy tinted lips, her soft cheeks with faint freckles sparkled across the bridge of her nose, her narrow eyes that held a sort of hostile glare.... the upset eyebrows...

"What are you staring so hard at?" Ara pouted, growing uncomfortable under his heavy gaze. Hadn't someone taught him staring like that was rude?

"You."

Flustered and embarrassed, Ara was at loss for words for a few seconds before recovering.

"Well, obviously!"

Taehyung laughed, the soft rumble easing the tense atmosphere and allowing her to relax. He broke his serious stare. 

"Are you gonna do that hypnotizing thing or what?" Ara asked.

He bit his lip and shut his eyes, shaking his head 'no' in the most gentle manner.

"What the- didn't you say you wanted to?" Ara sounded exasperated, a bit in disbelief. Hadn't he come all the way to just do that?

"I already did," Taehyung's voice sounded different. He looked smug, his smile unwavering.

"I'm going to have to ask you to start making sense-"

Suddenly, before Ara could even process his movement, his hand was already cupping her face, his other on her back.

Wide eyed, utterly shocked yet somewhat curious, all she could do was search for what he was thinking in his eyes.

Instead of supplying an explanation that Ara would've hoped he would give, he smirked and let out a small chuckle before leaning in further and resting his lips on hers.

It was maybe a short moment, a small peck. Of course, he was testing to see if it was okay, whether she'd push him off or...

"T-taehyung..." she whispered, "are you playing around?"

His eyes narrowed, "no."

She shifted, feeling uneasy and confused. Taehyung noticed this and immediately pulled away. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable or do anything she didn't want. He frowned, feeling like it was his fault he didn't ask first.

"I'm sorry."

"N-no, it's okay," her words surprising Taehyung, "just... I'm a little confused."

"I thought you only saw us as friends," Ara managed to look up at him.

His smile slowly reappeared, "Although being and staying friends sounds like a good idea, I think being more than friends sounds even better."

Ara almost went into shock hearing this, still very, very confused. He was making himself clear... but just when did he start liking her? If anything, she had thought herself to be a person he'd talk and speak to only when he was bored and had free time.

Taehyung must've sensed that she was still in disbelief, because he cut the flirting and decided to confess properly.

"You might not believe me," he began, "because that's the person you are... but, even from the start you intrigued me. Throughout us knowing each other I began to develop feelings I wasn't sure about."

Ara listened, trying her best to absorb every word. Listening to him speak so openly made her face warm.

"I wanted to see if what I felt was true."

"W-well... are they?"

"Yes," he smiled, "I'm sure I could go on for hours, but I think you get what I mean."

What he said was true. If Ara were to really search for it, she would also find the mutual feeling. She too had unknowingly grown attached to him, and was now just realizing it upon hearing his confession.

"But what about-"

He rolled his eyes, "can we not even discuss that? Who cares? It's my life. Nobody can stop me."

"Are you sure-"

In a split second, his face was already hovering above hers, his eyes trained on hers before lingering to her lips.

"Hey... Can I kiss you now?"

Ara huffed and turned away, "just trying to shut me up, huh?"

He mirrored her actions, equally as stubborn.

"I just really don't want to worry about all of that. And neither should you. It doesn't matter."

"I know... but..." Ara blinked slowly.

Taehyung sighed before giving in, "look. Me being a celebrity never stopped us from being friends. That shouldn't stop us from dating either."

"D-dating?"

"Yes! What else would-"

"You want to date me?" Ara pointed at herself, eyebrows raised.

"Are you- Ara! I just poured my heart out. What did you think I confessed for?"

He managed to laugh still, finding her shock amusing but feeling even more happy than ever. She hadn't rejected him just yet.

"So... do you like me too?" Taehyung asked without hesitating, ready for whatever answer she was going to give.

She blinked once, twice, fiddled her hoodie string and bit her lip. As she was thinking, the whole time Taehyung felt his heart jump in anticipation.

"Yes but-"

"Yay!" Taehyung cut her off before jumping into her arms, cuddling into her shoulders and laughing all the way.

He has followed half of Jin's and Jimin's advice, glad he managed to ask them for advice.

a/n

sorry again for late update. wanted to give this fanfic a bit of a break to respect taehyung's family's passing. i don't want to overstep my boundaries.

ty for the never ending support guys <3 almost 6k views. love u all!!!