Chapter 30: Queen's Emergency

Claudia

The car that Blade had organised for us was already parked on the driveway, it had been since Cynthia came. I helped Hera into the car, passenger's seat, and placed her folded wheelchair in the car boot, then walked into the driver's seat. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, I needed to think.

"Ma... why did you do that?" Hera asked me, disturbing my thoughts. I thought Zeus was the curious one, but I guess all my children unfortunately have an undying need to know.

"Hera... I need to think, just sit still." I said, making sure that she understood me.

"No. Ma... why did you say those things to them? You could've probably scared them away... what on earth do you think is going on in their heads right now?"

"Hera..."

"No Ma! That wasn't a good move..."

"And lying about myself is a good move?" I asked, shutting her up. I looked at her, knowing that she would be teary eyed and confused, but no. My little lamb looked angry... cute as hell, but still... angry.

"Ma... answer me. Who called you? Why did you say those things? Are we even going to see them again after this?"

"You're not giving up, are you?" I asked my adorably pissed off daughter, and she just stared at me. I guess that was a yes.

"Blade called me. He told me that your father has lost his mind... and that it isn't safe to leave your brothers and sister there with him. But don't worry... before you freak out in me... they're on their way here."

"What about Hilary and TsiTsi?" She asked me, already sounding like a true King. Always ready for anything.

"I'm supposed to be thinking about that... but you won't leave me alone."

She looked away and mumbled a soft 'oh' and bit her bottom lip in realisation.

"You wanna help me work out a plan?" I asked genuinely, pulling her head so that she could face me, and her eyes squinted.

"Nope. No no no... Ma, last time I helped you out with a plan... you completely changed it to benefit you. The plan was bloody fool proof! Nope..."

"Come now Hera... you're Ma's genius little lamb, please..."

"Ma..."

I pouted my lips, making sure to look as desperate as I could. I may have wronged her before with the 'Barcelona South Africa' thing, but now I really needed her. She was smarter than she knew, and all she needed was to fully grasp her brain and squeeze out all of its knowledge on a daily basis.

Sure it sounded like a headache every second, but with time, she could even become the King heiress. She definitely wasn't as naïve as Zeus. But that was just one of my crazy fantasies, for now, I needed her to come up with a plan. Now!

"Hera... please."

She pulled from her hand which was under her chin. She crossed her arms and looked at her lap in total focus.

I knew what she was doing. Whether she liked the idea or not, she was helping me out. Like I knew she would.

I looked away from her and started the car and drove away... listening to the directions of my GPS, but also stealing glances at Hera, who had been sitting in the same position as since we left, thinking carefully.

We arrived at the hotel and Blade came forward to help us out, and rolled Hera inside while me and him spoke about all that had happened while I was gone. Apparently, Charles threw one of his guards out of the window when he came back to tell him that he couldn't find anyone by the names of Hilary and Mason in North East Asia, Russia.

That fool! Firstly, did he believe that I would send them to a new country with their own names? I wasn't him... I had a brain.

Secondly, North East Russia was too predictable. He was friends with a government official there, one order and they'd be found. Again, I had a bloody brain.

I walked into my penthouse with Hera and Blade behind me and found all my children sitting on the couches in front of the fireplace on the right side of the room, and behind the fireplace was my bedroom.

Zeus, Athena and Poseidon, all looking scared and child-like. Even Zeus himself seemed frightened out of his mind.

They were all dressed in black clothes, as though they had come from a funeral, and Athena had her blonde hair tucked under a black leather hat, which revealed her full elf ears.

"Ma..." Zeus said, looking regretful.

I signalled for him to come into my arms and then all of them came forward, squeezing me tight and holding on with their dear lives. My kids were here, but where was Mona?

I pulled them away and kissed all of them gently on their cheeks, then turned to face Blade.

"Where's Mona?"

"She's with Lizzy in the other room."

"Your daughter's here too?"

"Yes. And my nephew, sister and... Estelle." I cringed at the name, and also felt my children's bodies cringe too.

Estelle was Charles' younger sister. Estelle May King, owner of the biggest news platform company in the world, she'd love to say. Her company covered everything, politics, lifestyle, weather, sports. It had its own TV channel even. And just like her ego, it was big.

I looked back at my children and saw Athena pulling a face. She looked... embarrassed.

"What happened to you? What's with that face?" I asked her, making Poseidon giggle, then muffle back his laughter.

"I..." That was all she could say to me before Zeus helped her with her explanation.

"Aunt Estelle told her that her hair was so fake, she looked like plastic, and that if she stood too close to you, because you're always so angry, Athena would melt ."

Poseidon bursted into laughter, followed by Hera, and then Blade chuckled from behind me. Athena's cheeks burnt bright red and she looked away from me, furrowing her eyebrows. My poor baby.

"Poseidon, it's not funny. Your aunt Estelle is just a big bully."

"Am I?"