Chapter 61: The Queen

Claudia

I wasn't meant to be alive right now. I was in fact supposed to be buried alongside Charles, but then again, I defied death. I didn't want to die because death was a sin.

Me and my husband reconciled after confessing everything we had bottled up against one another. After doing that, we made love every second chance we got, until he weakened and I became numb. After that, I returned home to my kids and I knew that I would see him again.

Bullet bought a house an hour away for himself and his wife to live there. He also got a job as a personal bodyguard for a criminal defence attorney, Charmoné became a housewife.

Charlene and Alex bought a new house in Sydney and moved there, where Charlene studied at the University of Sydney. Alex started his own restaurant called 'MB', in honour of my father, Matthew Bryan.

Cynthia was living a few minutes away with her husband and my niece. She recently fell pregnant and her mood swings were starting to scare me. Nevertheless, she was glowing at every angle and it suited her.

Noah and Daniel moved back to Australia with their mom, but Mary stayed back and was living with me from now on. It was better that way, with me she'd behave.

Mona retired and was now living with her family in Atlanta. Lizzy already had her first modelling gig for a denim line which was scheduled for a week from now.

My children, on the other hand, had a few surprises of their own for me when I came back from Charles with Bhavani.

Zeus had already impregnated Hilary, and her wedding was in a few months. They didn't want to postpone it, so they chose to go ahead even while she'd have a baby bump. TsiTsi also started crawling, it was the cutest thing ever to watch.

Athena was in a relationship with Jermaine. My usual self would do everything in my power to destroy him, but after watching how much love he had shown Mason, a complete stranger to him, I realised that this might not have been a terrible idea after all. He was also strong and knew how to shoot a gun, he'd be perfect.

Hera graduated from high school as valedictorian and as a cum laude graduate. She excelled with the highest GPA score of her entire grade and was now well on her way to Harvard University. She had also cut her hair, shoulder-length, and curled it. A huge change from her usual smooth, straight and silky.

Poseidon got sponsored to play for the Lakers. He had his sweet sixteen not so long ago and at it, he announced that he had a scholarship there, but he had to keep it by passing. I had faith in him that he would become a C-student, and I also prayed that God showed some mercy on him.

The empire was flourishing, the money was rolling in and I had to open a new bank account just so that suspicions wouldn't be raised. My banking business was also flourishing, I was awarded as the most successful new-comer at some business event. I gave that trophy to my mom.

Blade stayed by my side, and had also started a relationship with Bhavani. I knew from the get go but waited until they told me. When they did, I laughed in their faces and then gave them my blessing, only then did they realise that I had known this whole time. Bhavani almost killed me and Blade couldn't believe how quick I was.

I visited Charles every chance I got, which was often, and I then realised that it was pointless for me to keep travelling so much just to see him. So today, two months before the wedding, I announced to my whole family.

"I'm moving away."

"What?!" Blade exclaimed worriedly.

"No you're not." Bullet grumbled out.