Chapter 19: Show Time

No One's POV

Eventually the chaos calmed down and everyone slightly got over the shock. Ran and Aoko soon started talking and became friends easily which made me happy but also cautious...

'What if Aoko rubs off on Ran? and what if to get rid of their frustration they both chase me with mops!' A part of my brain thought

'nah, that's just playing stupid' my rational side concluded, but I still felt uneasy

Once I was over with my thoughts I walked up to Aoko, since now she's calmed down. Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention why she started chasing me? Well... I'll tell you.

Apparently Kaito made some promise to Aoko that he would come with her to this event right now, but... the problem was that when Aoko asked him to come with her, he was half-asleep ~ because he was up all night preparing for the heist ~ and promised her by accident.

And so once I came and found Aoko to tell her he wasn't coming, you wouldn't believe how mad she was, and so... I ran away

But enough about that, let's get to the real business at hand, the heist. Now since we bumped into Conan and the others they offered us to watch the heist along with them, which made Aoko happy.

As we entered the place with the others we were given coats at the entrance. The old man said that we would be needing them, then laughed hysterically.

Once we reached the place where we could watch the heist, the three detectives ~ Conan, Hakuba and Hattori ~ left.

We seated ourselves and chatted to each other ~ I wasn't any of the ones chatting. I stayed in my seat silently thinking to myself. The place we were at was comfortable but still cold like the rest of the area.

'I still have that bad feeling in my gut, but why?' I was irritated, I knew Kaito can take care of himself, but something is telling me he's going to need some help.

So listening to my instincts ~ thanks to some training from a very scary and sadistic cat ~ I have some surprises planned.

The setup for the heist was quite straight forward. A large clear area with a rectangular case in the middle with a sheet on top, the crowd surrounding the area with a thick fence and officers standing guard. I could see everyone shivering from the cold but endured to watch the show.

Noted, they too were wearing coats or jackets. Everyone was giving one at the entrance.

No One's POV

The inspector stood in the large area with a case in the middle and his men surrounding the said case ~ which was still hidden by the sheet of cloth. The inspector was informed to not unveil the case and just leave it as it is.

The inspector, being the man he is, was curious and asked the rich old man why? But all he got in response was a mischievous smile and a hysterical laugh.

The time ticked on as the crowd became excited and waited for the thief in white. Minutes passed leaving the seconds left in counting.

10...

The crowds shuffled and pushed each other, for a better view

9...

Police officers tried to maintain order with the growing crowd but still kept caution to their surroundings.

8...

Jirokichi Suzuki, stood by on the side lines but close enough view of the area. A grin plastered on his face.