Chapter 26: A Well Needed Talk

No One's POV

Kaitlyn knew something was up.

It was subtle, but quite obvious when Kaito talked the way he did, with a certain tension in his shoulders. His poker face was slammed on, hard and firm, it seemed almost painful.

Even Aoko notice something was off with the teen.

He kept redirecting his eyes to a certain red sorceress with... Caution? Wariness?... No... it wasn't those... he was glaring... he was giving the Witch warning glares.

But why? Kaitlyn thought to herself.

From all she could see and read from his eyes, it was that Kaito was angry. He's pissed, and it was clearly because of Akako.

What happened while she was out of it? Maybe she should ease up on the naps, so she won't miss out on anything important.

Now, it probably wasn't smartest things to do... but Kaitlyn wasn't one for brushing around the bush.

"What the hell did Akako tell you, for you to get pissed off and use your poker face so horribly?"

It was only within the sanctuary of the Kuroba house, did they get some privacy, that Kaitlyn could finally ask the question which has been annoyingly itching at her for the entirety of the school day.

Kaito who froze at her question, after just removing his shoes at the entrance and the door closed shut behind Kaitlyn. His back faced her, so she didn't see how his face darken.

"Nothing, just the usual ominous fortune about KID."

Kaitlyn couldn't see his eyes, so it was impossible for her to get behind what was the obvious. But if Kaitlyn didn't know any better, she would think that Kaito was only giving her a half truth.

Luckily she knew better.

"Ok, that's good. Now tell me the real reason you're pissed off."

The brunette stayed silent for a long while, letting that mornings event playback in his mind. Feeling the anger of the witches words, and the undeniable fact that he...

He doesn't know... doesn't know Kaitlyn at all.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, but instead of tensing or jumping at the sudden contact. He relaxed, the hands touch and familiarity left no space for discomfort.

"C'mon cuz, lets talk this out more on the couch." He turned to see the smaller teen, who smiled once he made eye contact. "And maybe a drink, I'm in the mood for sugar."

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

The two were seated across from each other. A cold soda-can placed on the coffee table between them.

"Now then~!" Kaitlyn opened her can of L&P ~ A drink which is well known and made in New Zealand, that she just happened to gain by chance ~ and gulped a mouth full down. "Ah~ now that's nostalgic."

(I know this drink and like it quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it's in other countries so yeah... continue~!)

She grinned and Kaito watches her.

It has been half a year since Kaitlyn was brought here, Kaito realised. Does the ravenet have people waiting for her back home? Was she worried about them, but hid it from him? What kind of circumstances could she have been in for her to become a Phantom Thief?

"Who... are you Kaitlyn?"

They stared into the others eyes, Brown clashing with Indigo. Placing her drink back on the table, she took a small breath.