Chapter 21: Curtain Closed

Conan's POV

As Blade pulled four matchsticks and set them on fire.

He gave a devilish smirk before breathing a large breath. A large string of orange, yellow flame shot out from the Thief's mouth, almost as if he were spitting fire.

He twirled from were he stood, and directed his string of flame towards the ice surrounding him, creating a ring of fire. The Crowds of people/Officers watching with eyes much wider then they should be.

'What the hell is he up to?'

I narrowed my eyes slightly, while processing his actions. There has to be a reason... not just to show off and give the audience a flaming spectacle. It was then I noticed how truly hot the flame was when I caught sight of the ice melting. The once cold ice turned to boiling hot water.

'What is he...?"

Before I could even finish my train of thought, the thief stopped and looked in satisfaction at the hot water surrounding him, slow steam rising from the waters.

'Isn't that too warm... even with the cold temperature in the area, standing surrounded in hot water in a suit should be... suffocating'

(While he thought that, the raven thief had her own dilemma...

'Holy damn! Hot! Hot! So hot!...' She internally cried

Now back to Conan...)

Once the Thief's satisfaction was met, he spread his arms out wide, as if waiting to be embraced by crowds of compliments from his adoring fans (which isn't to far off since a few people in the crowd are already making plans for a Kaitou Blade Fan-club website).

"To all you lovely people that came here tonight or those who watch this from their screens on television, I must sadly inform you all that my show shall soon come to an end..."

Crowds whispered to each other and officers grunted in irritation.

"...but for my last trick, I must ask that you open your hearts and minds... as I give you the magic of illusions and dreams~!"

With his words said and set, he raised his leg, and with great force and pure strength, smashed the ice beneath his feet. Cracks spread out throughout the area around the Thief, with the still boiling water seeping through...

It wasn't long ~ possibly only a second of two ~ before everything blurred. Mist, heavy and thick, practically erupted from beneath the icy floors catching a lot of people by surprise.

"What the...!?"

I couldn't finish as everything was covered in mist. Gritting my teeth, I activated my glasses, while listening for anything out of the ordinary.

Everything was grey and white, officers were yelling (mainly Nakamori) over the surprised crowd and that's when saw it.

It was only for a second, but a pink glow was seen in the distance. I wanted to go and investigate, but walking around in a thick mist like this was suicide for someone of my current stature. Steeling myself where I stand, I kept searching for anything.

'there it is again!'

Another glowing light, but this one is blue.

'what is that?'

More glowing lights started appearing and disappearing, but they were different colours and shades. One glow came in my direction. Stepping back, I braced myself. Once close enough, I saw it pass over my head and disappear again.