Chapter 2: Awoken Guardian (revised)

The Battle Frontier is no walk in the park for ordinary individuals. It is a gauntlet of several trainers that dedicate themselves at fighting the way they do best. They test trainers by showing the style and art they fight with and seeing how these challengers can adapt to it. Being invite only, it is a way for people to truely delve into themselves and find out their own style while fighting through the gauntlet of Frontier Brains, who are determined to put them through difficult trials to see if they have what it takes to complete the challenge.

And on that trek to the sixth battle facility, we find a blonde teenager with her hair in a ponytail wearing white clothing with her pink backpack. She sported emerald eyes and a determined look on her face as she came closer to a place that appeared to be a large castle at the base of a mountain. Her pale skin glowed in the bright sun as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead she gained after walking for so long.

She looked at it with an uneasy glance. "Well, Scott did tell me the right place, but why in the middle of nowhere? No extra buildings around except for the nearby town." She muttered. "Such an odd place."

She took a deep breath as she gathered the courage to walk up to the castle. Sure enough, there was the trademark Battle Frontier symbol on the front of it, marking it as the Battle Castle. She walked up to a post that had a button on it. She hit it, and waited for a brief moment. Soon after, the gate opened and out stepped a figure in a black and blue cloak, as the shape also make the person appear as a man. The person was followed by a girl in a purple jacket wearing skinny jeans with lavender eyes and lilac hair tied into a ponytail behind her back.

The cloaked man spoke first. "You must be the challenger that Scott spoke of. I heard much about you from Spencer. Just know that this challenge will not be like the one against him."

The pale girl held a determined look, not easily swayed by the ominous air that this figure exuded. "I won't lose easily. Even after the battle with Spencer, I have been training hard for this challenge with my Pokemon. We've changed some since we fought Spencer."

The cloaked figure nodded. "Then come forth and face me with the fires of passion that I was warned about. I, the Castle Guardian, accept your challenge."

As they walked inside, the lilac girl spoke to the cloaked individual while the pale teen was out of earshot. "Now that time, you nailed it."

The cloaked man groaned. "Scott and his stupid marketing ideas. But at least he was right; the speech actually sounds kind of cool if you can say it the right way."

"I still mess up on my speech. Not to mention I hate the way it sounds. So I just wing it from now on."

The cloaked figure nodded. "I'm ok with my speech. I'm actually glad that I got it right this time though."

The girl rose an eyebrow. "Why is that?"

"She's one of my friends from Alola." He told her.

"Hmm... well you told me that none of your Alolan friends sided with them, so then I guess she's fine. Are you going to tell her?"

"Probably. She has a right to know, but I'll decide at the end of the battle." He answered.

"I understand. Need me to ref or is Mike here this week."

"No, Mike's gone right now. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it." He requested.

They walked through a large blue great hall with two rows of pillars with a blue carpet in between. It had two staircases and a set of double doors on the other side. They all walked to the double doors and opened them to reveal a large battlefield.

Both the Castle Guardian and the challenger took opposite ends of the field while the lilac girl took the spot as ref. She rose her hands up and began to gesture to both of them.