Chapter 10: True Fire

Ash widened his eyes in surprise. "Dad?!"

Delia looked at her husband incredulously. "She's your child?"

"Not now. He isn't apart of my life anymore." Anabel inferred with light  venom in her voice. Ash could visibly tell that she was trying to keep her emotions intact. "I haven't spoke with him in years."

"Anabel, w-what are you doing with him?" He stuttered.

Anabel hugged onto Ash's arm. "He's my tag partner and my boyfriend."

Ash almost frowned, as he wasn't aware they made it official since they hadn't had an official date but for the sake of the argument, he decided to roll with it. He moved closer to Anabel. "That's right. Now you two better leave us alone. I don't care if you are legally married to my former mother or not. I disowned my family and friends when I left. Neither of you are a part of my life."

"So leave us alone. We will file restraining orders if we have to." Anabel claimed, making her 'father' glare.

"You can't do that!"

"Of course they can."

Delia flinched at the hard tone and turned to see Brandon and Palmer standing there, arms crossed as they gave off an angry aura. James, however, didn't seem to notice this, or most likely, didn't care as he glared at them.

"And what right do you have saying this, huh? She's my daughter and legally he's my stepson."

"Well too bad, cause 'legally,' no they aren't." Palmer inferred, emphasizing his words.

"That's a load of Tauros crap!" Delia yelled.

Brandon walked in front of them. "Scott adopted Ash to make sure you had no effect on him. And I adopted Anabel after she became my student in battling almost nine years ago. You can't legally do anything to them."

Palmer walked next to them. "Go grab your Pokémon, cause I saw Dawn and a few others nearby. Hurry."

Ash and Anabel ran inside the locker room and snagged their Poke Balls and watches before stepping back outside to see Palmer wasn't lying. Dawn was suddenly there with Paul and Misty next to her.

They saw them come back out. "So are you going to admit to what you did to Max and May's Pokémon?"

Ash had half a mind to go punch Paul, but held his ground. "That I beat them in self-defense for trying to kill Jolteon? Cause that's exactly what happened."

"No, you brutalized them with Garchomp because you got upset over losing the battle." Paul claimed.

"Do you want me to get the medical records and prove it? Cause that won't take me five minutes since he is my Pokémon." Ash snapped.

"Knowing you, you forged them." Misty glared.

Brandon let out a harsh chuckle. "Forging documents. Ash definitely has the IQ to do that."

Ash deadpanned. "You know what? I'll take that as a compliment this time."

"Whatever. Just admit you brutalized them and tell the owner of the buffet and quit the tournament. It's not like you'll win anyways, weakling." Dawn demanded.

"I don't need to win to prove how wrong you all are about me. I just need to watch as you all slowly fall while I keep climbing up. Cause everyone in the tournament that is still in knows I'll get farther than any of you ever will."

"And how many times did I kick you across the pavement in battles?" Paul retorted.

"Coming from the guy who lost to me in the Sinnoh League, where my Pokémon were at their strongest in Sinnoh." Ash fired back.