Chapter 3: Revelations (revised)

They stood there for a few good minutes as Lillie was seemingly frozen in time. Her face was completely in shock, with her jaw agape and eyes wide. She was hardly moving except for her chest breathing as her mind slowly tried to catch up with her.

"It's... really you?" She mumbled.

Ash nodded, a wry smile on his face. "Yeah... it's me." He answered her.

"I... I..." She struggled to speak.

Anabel suddenly started looking uneasy. "Um, Ash?"

Ash turned to face the Salon Maiden. "What?"

"I... I-" Her voice started sounding much more strained as her face started morphing.

"We might want to run!"

"What do y-?" He turned back to Lillie, only to see that Lillie's face had taken on a horrific glare that just spoke death as she started to take a step forward.

"I SHOULD KILL YOU FOR MAKING ME WORRY!"

"OH CRAP!" Ash hauled it straight out of the battlefield room with Anabel following close behind, not wanting to be within that girl's circle of rage. As they got out of the room, Lillie immediately started giving chase to the pair, steam coming out of her ears from all of her anger. Pikachu and Espeon simply sweatdropped at Lillie's apparent rage and chose not to get involved with this.

Lillie chased them right out of the door and saw them take a right, going up one of the sets of stairs that led to the East Wing. Lillie followed suit, not wanting the pair out her sight. She started lunging up the steps, slowly gaining ground on them.

"YOU GET BACK HERE!!!" Lillie screeched as they ran up the stairs.

"Is she always like that?" Anabel asked in between breaths as they ran.

"Let's just say the month I showed up in Alola was the first and last time I ticked her off that year." Ash stated as they ran through the East Wing double doors.

They ducked into a corridor and ran down a hall until they came to one of the many rooms with double doors. Ash and Anabel ran straight through them, disappearing from Lillie's sight. The pale girl immediately ran in after them, just a few seconds behind them.

As she ran in, she slowed down and took in what she was seeing. This place had a plethora of Grass and Bug types around. The area was suited for them, as she noticed it contained a large amount of shrubbery and forestry with a small pond as well.

Lillie stood in wonderment and awe when she looked around. "It's beautiful..."

Meanwhile, Ash and Anabel were behind a few trees. Ash was barely peeking around the corner and moved back, giving a sigh of relief. "I think we're good."

Anabel also smiled. "I told you so."

Ash rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Anyways, let's go to the usual spot. I'm not holding out hope for confronting her right after her anger just died down." He said as they walked away.

Meanwhile, Lillie began wandering aimlessly as she observed the area she was witnessing. She realized that this was a habitat suited for some of Ash's Pokémon. That much was obvious, as some of the Pokémon here were ones she saw at Oak's Corral when they went to see it on the school trip. However, she noticed a few of them were very different, like ones she had not recognized. One of them looked to be a weird bug type that reminded her of a Ledyba but with two legs and a white head.

As she wandered around for what felt like half an hour, but was only maybe five minutes, she heard the sounds of a soothing guitar playing somewhere within the area. She followed the sounds until she reached a clearing, where she saw the girl was sitting on the grass. Ash was the one playing the guitar and was sitting up on a log while Anabel was nodding along, a smile on her face as she listened. She also noticed a serpent like grass type curled up with the pair as Ash played.