Chapter 7: Revelations (revised)

Ash and Anabel stepped through the doorway and out of the tunnel to the battlefield to see a sight they expected. The Kanto Brains and Scott were waiting on them to get ready for the meeting. All of them were giving amused looks at the pair, and judging from earlier, it clearly had to do with their battle.

"There you two are. Just out of curiosity, did you have to be that harsh?" Scott asked with a chuckle.

"Yes." Ash and Anabel spoke simultaneously, causing the others to raise an eyebrow.

"I swear, you two are growing more alike each day." Noland stated as some of the others followed his lead.

"You think?" They said at the same time again, causing them to look at each other before the whole group erupted in laughter.

Once it died down, Brandon took over. "I guess now we need to get the meeting over with. My battle is coming up and I would rather not miss it."

"He's right. We better go." Spenser added.

Everyone trailed along to the meeting room nearby so they could finally get through it all in a hurry. Scott got his laptop out and fired up the projector. It took a moment, but he managed to get to an email that was listed as 'Battle Tree Offer,' letting the others take in the information that was listed before summarizing it himself.

"Alright, so we got a request to take part in a Battle Tree event that goes on for about three days. It's supposed to celebrate the Battle Tree's one year anniversary. It starts two days after the tournament, so you all do get rest in between. Everyone has an invite, so if you don't want to go or you have urgent matters, then tell me so I can book the hotel rooms early. So who is sure they can't?"

Brandon, Tucker, Spenser, and Lucy spoke up, each voicing reasons that they were unable to attend. Lucy had a challenger to prepare for, Tucker had to have a meeting with a fashion designer and Brandon and Spenser planned to look through a new passage in the Ruins of Alph. Scott understood and preferred that his brains dealt with more important matters first before they did side duties for the Battle Frontier. After spending an extra ten minutes ironing out some details, Scott nodded with content after looking over the roster.

"That's perfect. Just the amount we need to face all the types of battles. And since we have our Sinnoh Frontier dealing with the Festival Plaza Battle Agency that Sophocles, the Plaza creator, made, then we are covering all ends perfectly." Scott inferred.

"So what battling types are there in the Battle Tree?" Greta asked.

"I was just getting to that. They have Singles, Doubles, and Multi Battles. We are doing the higher ranked versions as per request, which means you have to win fifty battles. So who wants to do what? I don't care who as long as they think they can win all the battles." He informed them.

"I can take Doubles. I've been working on that with Tucker recently, so I'm good with it." Noland stated, which elicited a nod from Scott.

"Ash, you and Anabel have unmatched teamwork. If both of you can run through Multi, then I can take Singles." Greta stated.

"You sure Greta?" Ash asked. "Of course. It'll be a great challenge for my Pokémon. Yoish!" She yelled, which made everyone sweatdrop.

Ash and Anabel shared a glance before Anabel spoke for them. "We'll do it."

Scott grinned at the answers. "Alright! Looks like we have a game plan! And that's the most of what I needed you all for. Now I recommend you all go watch Spenser and Brandon's match or just enjoy the rest of the day. You can all go, except for Ash. Someone wants to visit with you."

"Alright." Ash said as he sat back down.

Everyone else started piling out of the meeting room, wanting to leave Ash and Scott to their own devices. Anabel was going to be the last one out, but Scott stopped her.