The Proper (and painful) Introductions

Sorry for the latency and unsatisfactory length. I've been busy.

     "Full protection he said. Shelter and storage he said. Time to study he said!" (Y/N) mumbled to himself as he sat against the wall. The rather pissed off pilot had propped up against the side of the airborne bullhead. He knew he should have seen this coming. He should have known there would be a catch. It was school, after all. When the professor had told him about the deal, he immediately jumped for it, thinking of the protection and storage he was promised. He had unfortunately overlooked the name of the place he had promised to go to - Beacon Academy. Beacon Academy. He had already banged his head against the wall, thinking of his own stupidity. He had agreed to go to a school. It hadn't occurred to him until he had received a message from Ozpin on the scroll he'd been given the night before. The headmaster had told him he would have time to study when what he meant was study time. Scheduled study time. 

     Now (Y/N) had locked himself into a deal that, even upon managing to free himself from, would still end in another's favor. Ozpin had informed him that, in order to stay at Beacon, he had to take the full package. And that meant attending classes. It had gone from a middle finger to Ironwood to a middle finger to (Y/N), and he wasn't happy. He had already attended high school on his home planet in the Frontier, and he didn't like the idea of doing it again. On top of that, he would have to socialize and adapt to the whole 'huntsman and huntress' thing Oz was selling. As bad as it may be, (Y/N) knew it was probably better than the alternative, which was prison and execution. Ozpin wouldn't give the order, but Ironwood would find a way to gain custody. Stuck on a planet outside of frontier space, no way of calling reinforcements, and now having to attend classes at a floating school. Yay. This was the most common thought for the pilot as the bullhead neared its destination.

     OS-1415 was currently being carried by two other bullheads. The titan was being held by wires in the middle of the two, as his 40-ton chassis could not be supported by one ship. Ozpin had given him directions to an unoccupied warehouse on the Beacon campus that could be used to store the titan. (Y/N) had also been informed of the location of his dorm room, which he had turned down due to the fact that he didn't trust someone wouldn't come in and start tampering with his titan or the many guns that would be in there with it. Once his bullhead landed, the two carrying OS would follow him to the warehouse for drop off.

     One thing that had really caught (Y/N)'s attention was the size and design for the school. It was much larger than any school he had ever been to. On top of that, it looked like a crazy ass medieval castle. It didn't surprise him as much as he thought it would, though. He was, after all, on a world where people walk around with giant weapons and fight creatures of darkness, whatever that meant. Remnant was definitely a weird planet. He had hoped he wouldn't run into the super 8 from the day before, but an itching feeling was telling him otherwise.

                                                                                                                                            * * *

     Ruby Rose had just awoken in a hospital bed in the Beacon infirmary. Sitting up, she saw her friends and teammates sifting and waking up themselves. Her muscles ached like nothing she had experienced before. There were an IV and heart monitor for everyone in the room. "Ugh . . . what happened?" Yang groggily asked, rubbing her eyes.

     "The last thing I remember, we were fighting that giant robot." Ren sat up. "And lost."

     "Wait, so, does that mean we're dead?" Nora asked, a hint of fear in her voice.

     "Fortunately students, you are all still among the living." The teenagers turned towards the voice and saw Glynda walking through the door to their room. "And very lucky to be so. The other men and women who went up against that machine are not able to say the same."