Cut Punch

Thank you, everyone, for 700 followers. This is insane and I appreciate all of your support.   

     "Pilot, I would like to inform you that the match between Yang Xiao Long and Weiss Schnee against the select members of team FNKI in the tournament has concluded," Osiris said as his pilot walked into the hangar.

     "Already?" (Y/N) questioned in disbelief. "It's been all of twenty minutes since I left the stadium."

     "Affirmative. After a fifteen minute break, the fight commenced and lasted four minutes and twenty five seconds."

     "Damn. Maybe I should've stayed and watched. Wouldn't have lost that much time."

     "It is alright, pilot. I am sure you will be satisfied with the finals matches."

     "Are you? You'll have to remind Marvin to get my ticket, then." (Y/N) pulled his Wingman from its holster and tossed it to the workbench on his right when he heard the robotic greeting of the MRVN unit currently responsible for piloting the dropship the titan shared the hanger with. 

     "I would do so sooner rather than later. According to the schedule, the first finals match is tonight." Osiris's eye followed his pilot to the workbench the Wingman had just landed on.

     "Is that so?" (Y/N) waved it off. "I'll get to when I get to it. I'm too close to finishing the weapon design. On that note, if you would . . . ?" The pilot gestured to the space above his personal crafting table and looked to Osiris. The titan's mono-eye shifted and spun within its housing, eventually settling before moving forward a few centimeters and flashing with a brilliant blue light that traveled through the air as a projector would through dust. Only this light stopped, forming shapes and patterns before the pilot who requested it.

     (Y/N) reached his hands toward the shapes created by the light and, once his fingers made contact with them, began to move them around. "God, I love your holographic display function. So much nicer than paper blueprints."

     "It was a very good idea on your part, pilot. The holo-display is almost always used to replicate previously given briefings by titans to their pilots. The efficiency of 3-dimensional design abilities has not been addressed prior in the Militia. By my calculations, it will improve the speed and quality of the finished product by nearly fifty percent."

     "Yep." (Y/N) responded. "Well, all that and it makes me feel like Tony Stark." (Y/N) touched his fingers to the glowing rectangle representing one of the blades before moving it into a bracer. Both of the objects began to blur, the system's way of notifying there was an error. With a sigh, he took them apart to find where exactly the error was occurring and why. As he moved the blade piece to the right, he caught a glimpse of the light shining through the space between the large door and the wall at the hangar entrance. He saw the dimmer orange rather than the bright yellow-white. The sun was going down, and he was running out of time. It wasn't as if that caused serious problems. There was always more time to be used, after all.

     Hopefully, he would not need it.

     After some adjustment, the final piece of the model fell into place, completing and allowing it to become one solid object. (Y/N) used his hand to rotate it, checking various places and connections to ensure stability. "How's it look on your end?" He asked his titan, hoping the machine's literally inhuman observational skills would render useful.

     "Structurally, I can see nothing wrong. However, the construction process will be difficult when compared to your experience with holograms. You are very fortunate to have Qrow's assistance."

     "Probably. I hope the process is quick, though. I know I'm lucky to have that drunk ass's help but that doesn't mean I like his company." (Y/N) held out his palm to the completed holographic model, seeing a dim white ring form around his hand before he moved said hand backward, taking the holo with it. He then turned his hand to face him and pushed the model into his helmet. The light projections from Osiris faded away as a series of numbers and letters lit up the left side of (Y/N)'s HUD, depicting the flow of new data as lines of code moving down his field of vision. Eventually, the sequences receded from top to bottom and the message 'data transfer complete' in white letters appeared only long enough to be read. "Now to contact the ass himself." (Y/N) thought aloud, digging his scroll and opening his contact list. He deemed it wise to stick to direct messaging when it came to the rather unfriendly huntsman, as one might assume Qrow would be in bars or love hotel rooms and almost never in the mood to respond verbally.