I'll need someone to come back to (Sohinki)

Y/n didn't know who else to call, she didn't know what to do or who would help. It was three in the morning and no matter how much her friends say that they care, they wouldn't be happy with her calling and waking them up. She pulled out her phone and began scrolling through her phone and searching through her contacts, mumbling quiet no's as she passed each person's names until she reached Matt's name. She thought for a second, her and Matt didn't speak much, she saw him in the office a lot, she liked him, they got along, and he did tell her that if she ever needed anything that he'd be there for her.

Matt was a smart guy, he always noticed the small changes in a person and Y/n had no doubt in her mind that he knew what she was going through without her having to tell him. She knew by the concern looks he'd give her during their conversations that he saw the bruises that scattered her skin, she knew by the shaky "hi" she'd give him that he knew when she just got out of a fight. She knew that he knew so much about what was going on without her telling him, she never told anyone, but she knew he knew.

Y/n took a shaky breath as she pressed his name and listened to it ring...once...twice...and three times. Y/n was about to hang up when a groggy voice answered a questioning, "hello?". Y/n was scared, she woke him up, would he be mad? Would he yell at her? As she was forced into her thoughts she forgot that she was on the phone until the voice repeated.

"Matt...I-I need help."

That call was two months ago and it wasn't the last, Y/n had made that call at least twice a week since that first call and Matt would always be there for her. Matt cared so much for the girl and he hated where she was at, he wanted her out but he couldn't make the decision for her, he couldn't make her do anything, all he could do was protect her and be there for her.

That night was like the previous nights, Matt's phone rang once again at three in the morning and just like always the soft scared voice over the phone would tell him she needed to come over. That was all that was said, nothing else, those words were etched into their vocabulary. Knuckled racked against the door telling him that Y/n had arrived. Her hair was drenched, makeup staining her face, she'd been crying again.

Matt was at the door with her favorite tea and a warm blanket, leading her way to the couch. He disappeared into the hallway rummaging through his closet for a shirt to give the drenched girl while he dried her clothes. Y/n went into the bathroom switching her wet clothes for his shirt.

Her feet were the only thing that was heard in the quiet apartment as she entered trying to dry her hair with a towel. Matt took the clothes and towel from her and put them in the wash as she curled up on the couch. Matt looked at the broken girl, knowing that he would never hurt the girl the way he did. She was something to be treasured and he didn't deserve her. Matt sat next to her on the couch as she curled herself on his lap trying to cover up with the blanket he given to her earlier.

Words were never spoken at this time, Matt knew she'd talk to him about it when she was ready and she wasn't ready, she was tired and scared and he just had to be there for her. He pulled the hair away from her face as she laid her head on his chest and that's when he saw it, a red hand print covering her cheek. Anger filled him as he held the delicate girl. He had no idea how someone could do this to such a sweet girl.

Matt waited until Y/n was asleep until he carried her to his room and placing her in the bed, covering her in the blankets before making his way to the couch for him to get some sleep before they needed to be at the office later that morning.

Matt woke up to a scream coming from his room, jolting from the couch and stumbling in a hurry to find a terrified Y/n thrashing and whimpering in her sleep on the bed. Matt's heart broke, he's never seen her like this. There wasn't much he could do, he tried to wake her up but it was no use, she wouldn't wake up. He sat on the bed and pulled her into his lap as he wrapped his arms around her as her thrashing began to calm and her whimpers dulled as she pulled herself closer to me.

Y/n woke up later that morning not only in Matt's bed, but in his arms. She didn't remember getting to his room, she didn't remember falling asleep with him, but then it hit her, she knew why they were sharing a bed.

"Matt?" She asked, shaking him awake.

"mm?" He mumbled pulling her closer.

"I need to tell you about last night."

After Y/n told Matt about what happened and how she once again ended up at his door, drenched, he wasn't shocked about what happened, she wasn't expecting him to be, but what she wasn't expecting was having him furious, something that she's never seen him.

Matt knew they fought a lot but this was a new low, he had never hit her before and the thought of him placing a hand on Y/n brought out a side of him that Matt didn't show often. Matt grabbed his keys as he pulled on some pants and headed to the door.

"Matt, what are you doing?" Y/n asked scared of the answer.

"I just want to talk to him"

Y/n knew he wasn't just going to talk to her boyfriend, and she knew if she wanted the least amount of conflict to happen that she'd have to take care of it herself.

"No, let me. I'll do it." She said pulling him back

"You can't go, I can't let him hurt you." Matt told her as he pulled her closer to him.

"I have to go, I need to do this. Stay here, I'll need someone to come back to."