Love at First Note (Noah)

It was almost Valentine's Day, and just like every year, everyone seems to have "the fever". I'm not one of those people who despise Valentine's Day, it's just I've never has a reason to want to celebrate it, I never found a need to make out with someone in public where everyone could see, I never saw the appeal, I get that they're "in love" but they don't have to prove it to the world.

Just like an alarm clock, my best friend Noah pulled into my car park at 7:15 to pick me up for school.

"So Y/n, have you thought at all about going to the 'Beating Hearts Dance' this Friday?" Noah finally spoke up, his voice carrying over the soft music that was just there for background noise.

"I don't think so, it's just gonna be couples who can't separate their faces from each other.

"Oh that's a good point." He said softly, and if I heard it correctly, I would've sworn he sounded disappointed.

****

I was relieved when the final bell rang, signaling that classes were over with, just as they were let out, I rushed to my locker to grab my phone before meeting with Noah for my usual ride home. When i got to my locker, there was something unusual placed on the locker's door, carefully taped to the door was a single sunflower and a typed letter.

"Forgive me for not writing this in my own hand, but you know me and I wanted to keep my identity a secret until the end of the week. I know you don't like roses, so instead I've placed a sunflower upon your locker since it is after all your favorite. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that you're beautiful, and you have absolutely no idea how much I love you. I wish that I could tell you, but not yet. We're both not quite ready for that yet.

Until next time,

Love Me"

I stood there rereading the note, wondering who this person might be and why they have that strong of a feeling for me? And 'until next time?' so I'd be able to hear from them again before the end of the week? Maybe I could figure out who they are before they tell me?

****

When I finally reached Noah's car, he was already there waiting like normal, he smiled at me as I reached the car and he opened the door for me like he's done many times before. As my body had fully slid into the passenger's seat, he closed the door behind me and walked around the car and entered his side.

The drive to my house was quiet, it seemed to always be that way, that was something about Noah's and my friendship, we didn't have to hold a conversation constantly to be close. As I sat in the passenger's seat, all I could think about was the letter. I've never been so curious about someone's identity, never wanted to know who someone was so badly, they said I knew them, but I couldn't think of anyone who would actually feel that way about me.

"Y/n, we're here." Noah finally spoke up, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked up, and to my surprise we weren't at my house, Noah had drove right past my home and up the block to his instead.

"Noah, why did we come to yours?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Well it's due time that I made a video, and the fans have missed seeing you appear in my videos, so I decided that you're going to be in this one."

"Well what if I don't want to be in your video, Grossman?" I responded trying to be serious but ended up laughing anyway.

"Come on, you're doing it, you know you want to."

****
After the video was done, Noah was sitting at his desk editing the video we just filmed, as I laid of my stomach on his bed mindlessly scrolling through Twitter.

"Noooooaaaah." I whined, rolling over to my back and my head slightly hung off the edge of his bed, looking up at him.

"Hmm?" He asked without turning around.

"You're being boring."

"No I'm not, I'm working." He smiled as his screen as he continued to edit.

"Yes you are, you're just sitting there on your computer, ignoring me. I thought you loved me Noah Grossman!" I joked as I overreacted my distraught behavior.

"Now, how could I not love my girl?" Noah joked back as his eyes were finally pulled away from the screen.

I beamed a big smile at him, "You can't not love me, I'm loveable."

"Now, what does my girl want to do?" He said as he spun his chair to face me.

"I don't know, how about you tell me about your day?"

After we told each other about our days, it was late and almost time for me to leave for dinner, I went down the stairs into the living room to be met with both of our parents chatting.

"Y/n we were invited to dinner at the Grossman's tonight, you both can head back upstairs and we'll call you when it's ready."

Noah and I turned around and headed back upstairs, him stopping to head into the bathroom.

When I reached his room I saw something that I didn't remember seeing the first time I was in here, but laid on the floor by Noah's desk was a flower petal, but not just any petal a sunflower petal, and at the bottom of his desk there was a drawer that was slightly open. I knew better than to go through people's things, but after the letter I received today these things really peaked my interest.

When I opened the drawer, inside was a sunflower, just like the one that was outside my locker. Maybe my mystery person was Noah? I took the flower out of his best and placed it on the chair Noah had been sitting just minutes before. But as i sat there staring at the flower I couldn't help but to think that maybe I was just connecting things that weren't actually related, maybe it was my mind piecing things together because it was what i wanted. My heart screamed that it was true, that the man I loved shared the same feelings but my head told me I was reading too much into things.

Noah walked back into the room unnoticed as I was still far in my thoughts, Noah was the only one who knew I hated roses, he was the only one who knew sunflowers were my favorite, Noah's handwriting was the only handwriting I could easily pick out, it had to be him, and my heart was screaming to me that he was the only one who could've gave me that letter.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" I responded as I was pulled out of my thoughts, my eyes not leaving the flower.

"What are you looking at?"

"Something I found in your desk. You know Noah, today someone placed a letter and a sunflower, just like this one on my locker. In their note, they confessed their love to me, and ever since then I couldn't get it out of my head. When I read the note I had no one in mind who could've done it, that was until I found this flower. It was then that everything made sense. No one but you knew that I hated roses, no one but you knew that sunflowers were my favorite, and no one else had handwriting that I could've recognized as well as I do yours. I can't believe it took me so long to think it through. So was this our "next time"?"

"What do you mean, Y/n?" Noah asked his gazed placed on his feet.

I got up from my place on the bed, grabbing the flower as I stepped closer to Noah until I was right in front of him, looking up to try to meet his gaze but he continued to look past me at his feet.

"I mean that I figured it out, that it was you that left the note, you were the one who gave me that flower, and it was you who confessed their love for me, and now it's my turn. Noah Grossman, as I stand here with a sunflower that looks exactly as the one you gave when you told me how you felt about me, but now it my turn to tell you how I feel about you. I know finding this flower must have ruined your plan, but I love you Noah, I have dreamt about this moment but never thought it would happen, and I can't believe that I'm finally telling you this, but I love you."

Noah smiled as he finally looked at me, stepping closer to me wrapping his arms around me as his height towered above me, leaning in as he told me he loved me before kissing me.