Afraid of the Dark (Ian)

A storm was blowing in, and you tried to avoid looking towards any of the windows. You wouldn't tell anyone since you were a grown adult but you had an irrational fear of the dark and of storms. You sat with Ian in his office as you tried to look at anything but the windows behind him, you were done with your day over two hours ago but you couldn't get yourself to leave Ian's office due to you being too scared of the possibility of being caught in a storm.

You had brought ina beanbag chair and a blanket from home a few weeks ago and put them in Ian's office for the days you were stuck waiting on him and he kept them there, not letting anyone else use them. After dragging the bag and blanket across the room so you were sitting right at Ian's side you curled up in the chair and wrapped yourself in the blanket, sneaking glances at him as he worked, not looking for too long since everytime you saw him you had to look out the window at the now pitch black sky.

Ian was just about ready to leave, loging off and shutting dowm his computer as you pulled your bean bag back across the room to place it back into its corner when the power went out and everything was dark. You squealed as you fell back onto the bean bag, covering yourself in the blaket. Your fast breaths being heard throughout the office as Ian came by your side, sitting on the chair with you, pulling you close and removing the blanket from your face. He rubbed circles on your back as he quietly spoke comforting words to you as you layed your head on his chest, followed by him kissing your forehead between each set of words.

Your breathing began to calm as your heart beat began to grow softer in your ears. You felt like a child as you sat in your boyfriends arms but you appreciated everything this man has done for you, you loved that he learned to take care of you even at your most vulnerable and childish moments. You loved him.