9: Should Have Checked.

I noticed for once Axel was one of the guys. He dismounted first. My boot got stuck in the mud. I tried to pull it out. Two arms grabbed my waist pulling me out. "You need more muscles." Rome said walking beside me. "Do not." I said. "Need to be carried?" He asked. "Nope." I answered.

He snickered lowly. I elbowed him. He chuckled louder. That made me start laughing. When we got close to the barn I was cold. I guess Rome took notice and pulled me closer to his side. "Still cold?" He asked. I nodded. Standing under his arm partially shielded me from the pouring rain. "Rain not getting ya as badly?" He asked. I nodded.

"Good. That's what I was going for." He said. The long sleeve, button down shirt he had on was keeping most of the rain off me. Once at the barn, I led my horse to the ring next to his stall. I took my boots off dumping the water out. Then laughed. I took the saddle off drying Twist off. "Least you don't need a bath now." I said as I finished. He shook. Some of the excess water flung from his mane.

I grabbed another towel drying myself off the best I could. My hair still drenched. I shook my head knowing water was flung away. I really need to get it cut. I grabbed a tarp from the tack room. "Great idea Cam." Blake said. I grabbed the phones out of my saddle bag and held onto them under the tarp. "Mind if we join?" Memphis asked coming up.

"Nah. Jump under." Blake said. Both Memphis and Rome got under it. "Your boots?" Memphis asked. "Oh." "Got them. Come here. You'll get mud on your feet." Rome said as he hefted me up onto his hip. Oh gosh. "I refuse to let you walk over the gravel barefoot." He said. The other three, my brother included went to the house under the tarp. Once on the front porch, Rome sat me down on my feet.

Grandma came out onto the porch. "Been meaning to trim your hair Cammy." She said as she held a comb and towel. I sat down in the folding chair that we leave on the porch. She put the towel around my shoulders and started clipping it longer than I wanted. "Could I have it cut shorter?" I asked. "Nope. It's fine the length it is." She said as she set the scissors down.

"Please?" I asked. "My waist long hair is heavy during the summer." "How short?" She asked. "To the point I can barely pull it back." I said. She did exactly that. My head felt lighter when she was done. She told me to go straight to the shower. Rome, Memphis and Blake were in my room. "Key was in your boot." Rome said. I nodded.

I got clothes and went into my bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes, piling them up in the corner. I saw how filthy I really was in the mirror before getting into the shower. The warm water was welcoming. I cleaned my face, washed my hair, my body and sat under the water for a moment before turning the water off.

I got dressed before stepping out of the bathroom. I sat down on my bed getting odd looks. Not from Blake, but from the twins. "What?" I asked. Memphis moved closer to me. "Hey Rome. Could you get me a hand towel?" Rome sighed as he got up and went into the bathroom.

Then came back with the towel popping Memphis with it. "Jeez dude. That hurt!" Memphis said. "Quit being a wuss." Rome told him as he leaned back against my dresser. Memphis dried my hair even more. Then combed my hair out running his fingers through my shorter hair. "I bet with all of the hair cut off, a wig could be made out of it." Blake said.

When Memphis was done with my hair, he kept messing with my hair. "Let me see the towel bro." Rome said. Memphis handed it to him. At first I didn't know what he was about to do until after I pulled away from him. "Could ya hold still? There's some mud still next to your hairline." Rome said as he held my head still.

He cleaned the side of my face. Blake winked. I flipped him off. I'm definitely going to hear bout it tomorrow after church. Rome turned my head to see the other side. "Your good." He said. I didn't move from where I was. "Didn't expect it to rain today." Blake said. "Harold felt it was going to be a huge storm." Memphis said. "That's why he sent someone out to get us. He knew that storm was coming. Should have checked the weather before we went out." I said.

"Should have and did, are definitely two separate things." Blake said. "Shut it. You could have done the same thing." I told him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket. "There's a break in the weather at the moment. I've gotta head home. See ya in the morning Cam." Blake said before leaving. "Need anything before we head downstairs?" Rome asked. "No." I answered.

"Alright see ya later." He said.