Chapter 1

For you, enjoy beautiful.

_____

"Does he have to leave mummy?" Beau clung to Grayson's neck.

"I'll see you next time little bop." He smiled sadly, responding to her hug.

It's been eleven months since me and Beau have been in Brazil, mid-break was now over for Grayson and he had to return to school.

He came over being under strict rules by Carter. We weren't allowed out of the house while Grayson was here. Precautions so no one knew of him.

"I hate goodbye's." I huffed, wrapping my arms around the both of them.

"I'm going to miss you Gracy." She sniffled, teasing Grayson with the nickname she had made for him.

They are the best of friends, they got on so well. At first, Grayson thought it was a little weird that Beau called me Mummy and that I was taking care of her but he got used to it after a couple of days. She ran to his bedroom every morning to wake him up so they both could go play in the playroom Carter had made for her 3rd Birthday.

"I'll call you once I get back to school." He promised her, tickling her stomach to make her smile again.

"Okayy Gracy." She giggled.

"Be safe and we'll be waiting for your call." I set Beau on the ground and pulled his tall frame into a tight embrace.

"I will." He bent down so he was at my level; he's gotten so tall it's unbelievable.

"Take care of our sister will you and keep her away from guns, knives especially. It's kind of scary that she enjoys the training so much." Grayson shot me a pointed look.

"Of course I will and she hardly listens to me, so no luck there." Carter threw me the same expression.

"You're the one who said I needed to learn." I sassed playfully.

"And don't I regret it." He chuckled, picking up Grayson's suitcase.

"Ha ha." I poked my tongue out at the both of them.

"I'll walk you out." He told Grayson.

"Bye, we love you." I pulled Grayson into one last hug and Beau clung to his legs.

"I love you guys too." He waved and followed Carter out of the doors.

"Bye Gracy, I won't tell mummy that you ate her chocolate." She screamed and ran off giggling.

Before I could say anything, he broke out into a sprint, throwing a grin over his shoulder.

We haven't met any of Carters family, well we haven't met anyone yet besides Carters guards that we've gotten used to over these past eleven months. Carter doesn't get along with his family very much but it doesn't mean he doesn't love them.

Or maybe it does.

It's easy to see that he keeps every single one of them at a distance, Landon's told me a little on the subject but nothing I haven't already figured out.

Carter agreed to let me and Beau leave the house twice a week on day trips around Brazil followed by our security team. He joined us every now and again when he wasn't so busy but that was rarely.

Maceo came for the weekend every three weeks, sometimes Chris was with him but that was also rarely. Beau has asked questions about Zaee, I have too but Maceo doesn't give us anything besides he's busy.