Chapter 8

xo, enjoy.
____

Once we arrived back to the house, I took Beau to bed and tucked her in. Leaving her with Zion to watch her while I went down to the family room to wait for Carter to return.

Vasily and the rest of the men that were at the dinner stayed at the restaurant to take care of things so that left us home with his wife and daughters.

"Are you sure he's going to be okay?" I asked Messiah as I paced back and forth.

"Why do you care? It's not like he is yours." A women spat, she came towards me with an accusing finger.

Messiah and the rest of my security team stood in front of me and moved her back to where she stood previously.

"Messiah, stop." I waved, dismissing him and the rest.

"Kara can't talk like that to you, let them interfere or else Carter will when he gets back." Kai called over.

"I can handle my own." I pushed Messiah out of the way.

"Sure you can." Kara scoffed.

"Kara, stop." Her mother stood and tried pulling her in the opposite direction of me.

"Stay out of it Quinn." Kara snapped and came to stand in front of me.

"You need to stay away from my fiancé." Kara leaned in and whispered into my ear.

"He doesn't even look at you, how is he your fiancé?" Kai fell against his seat as he laughed.

"Excuse me?" I moved my head so I could have a better look at her face.

"You heard me, STAY AWAY FROM CARTER!" She yelled and grabbed me by the throat.

Is she serious? I thought, twisting her arm and pushing her off of me.

"Don't touch her." I snapped at Messiah and Felik as they made a move to interfere.

"Stay away from Carter, he's mine." She spat on my shoulder.

Cringing at the saliva that landed on my top, I grabbed her by the throat and threw her up against the wall behind me.

"Carter is my older brother." I whispered into her ear and tightened my hold. "You should have asked before you assumed, it would have saved you the embarrassment."

"I can-n't bre-" She cried, scratching at my arm that had her pinned to the wall.

"She wouldn't have known, Vasily or Landon wouldn't have told them anything about you. Rei' instructions of course." Kai clapped slowly.

Exactly why she should have asked instead of assumed. I let her drop to the floor and left the room to change.

"Are you okay?" Messiah asked as I closed the door behind me quietly, not wanting to wake Beau.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You're a threat, people do some crazy things when they feel threatened." He answered my unvoiced question.

"I haven't done anything that would threaten anyone."

"Maybe not but it's what you can do that is threatening to some, especially if you have Rei wrapped around your finger." Felik winked.

Something about Felik being playful always made me smile, he was just too serious.

"I should apologize, I disrespected Vasily's family in their own home." I hung my head.