Chapter 14

Thank you for always coming back to read, enjoy, xo.
_____

"Don't ever raise your gun to my granddaughter." Fane continued to stare directly at me but his words were directed to his men who slowly lowered their guns.

"I'm surprised Ava." Fane spoke as a prideful smile rose to his lips. "Who knew a woman in my family would ever hold a gun to me."

"I don't want to be here all day. Start. Talking." I thrust my gun forward.

"Yes." He held his hands up. "I made the deal with your parents."

"And Grayson?" I snatched my gun away from his head and placed it in front of me on the desk.

"He's Vania's son." He confessed again. "I wasn't happy when I found out you were a girl, so I had him sent over to Hayze and Maya so they could train him to be what they were." It was like he already knew Grayson was nothing like our parents.

"You've gone to see Grayson haven't you." I said with a threatening tone. "HAVEN'T YOU!"

"I-I just wanted to talk to him-" He got out before I knocked him out with the butt of my gun.

"FUCK!" I paced back and forth.

"She just knocked out our boss and we're just to stand here and let her?" One of the guards yelled.

"No one touches her, she's Maya's daughter." The guard who escorted us here stepped in. "I'm Nicolae, head of Fane's security team. Every single one of the in-house guards were trained by your mother."

"Since you're head of his security team, when did he go see Grayson?" I questioned.

"The other day." He leaned against the door, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Fane didn't have a chance to talk to him because Grayson had to go back to training, Fane shook his hand and that was about it." Nicolae stood at average height, he looked to be around his late 30's with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He made a move to step around Carters tall and intimidating frame but was stopped once Carter stepped in front of him.

"Boss." A guard shook Fane back to consciousness.

"Why are you so easy to give away information?" I stared at Nicolae with my eyes in slits.

"Why are you so easy to accept it?" He fired back.

"Who said I was accepting it?" I stared him up and down until he backed off with a slight smile resting on his lips.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from Grayson? Not until he was ready was it okay for you or anyone to go see him." I leaned over the desk.

"He's not your-"

"Finish your sentence, I dare you." I challenged him.

"I don't want to fight with you, you're my granddaughter." He said softly. "The last thing of my Maya."

"Why all the lies and the bullshit?" I demanded.

"Can I speak to you privately? I would like to keep the little dignity I have left." Fane continued to look anywhere but at me.

"After getting knocked out by her and none of your men backed you, how do you have any left?" Kai's laughter seemed to echo in the quiet room.

"Stop. Talking. Kai." I kept my eyes on Fane. "Everyone get out!"

I held my hand to Carter and pulled a chair next to me so he could sit.

"We don't take orders from you." One of the guards spoke up.