Chapter 4

Hiii pretty, so I've been really busy these last couple of weeks and I apologize for not updating sooner like I had said but I'm backkkk haha, enjoy xo
_____

"Carter." I protested, trying to pull my arm out of his tight hold.

"We're not staying."

"Don't be mad at them, it was only a misunderstanding Carter." I pleaded. "I can take care of myself, you know."

"A misunderstanding? You shouldn't always try to see the good in people." He growled.

"That's all I was ever taught." I said quietly, slipping into the car after Messiah opened the door.

My mothers' comforting voice echoed in my head, "There is a story behind every person. There is a reason why they are the way they are. Think about that, and respect them for who they are."

"It's going to get you in trouble one-day irmãzinha." He buckled Beau into her car seat and got into the driver's seat.

I know. I thought sadly, sometimes I was too nice but it was just who I was.

"You're not going to cut them all off are you Carter?" I frowned, staring ahead at the road in front of us.

"You're right, I'll leave Kai and cut the rest off." He said coldly, throwing the car in reverse and speeding down the dirt driveway.

"Carter-"

"Drop it, Ava." He snapped.

I kept quiet the rest of the ride home; I could see the regret on his face as soon as he snapped at me.

"Ava-"

"It's okay Carter, I'm sorry I tried to push you on the subject. I should have known better." I gave his hand a gentle pat as I rushed into the warmth of the house so I could put Beau into her room to sleep but not before Zion did a full check of her bedroom.

"All clear Ms. Vice." He nodded, gesturing for me to enter.

I tucked Beau into bed and stepped out, leaving her with Zion at her door to stand guard.

"I shouldn't have snapped at you like I did." Carter frowned.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." I assured him with a soft smile.

"Feel like going on a trip to Russia?" He changed the subject, fiddling with his gold rings he wore on his fingers.

"Russia?"

"Sim, Russia. (Yes)" He repeated, flicking my forehead.

"Ha ha." I swatted his big hand away. "Are you going to see Landon's father?"

"Sim, I thought I'd take you and Beau this time to see a different scenery since you both have been stuck here for the past eleven months. (Yes)" He shrugged.

"It's going to be safe for Beau right?" I started preparing lunch since we haven't eaten.

"Of course." He nodded.

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning, I just have a couple of things to take care of before we leave."

"Okay." I hummed.

"I'll be back for the both of you in the morning." Carter pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Okay, be safe please." I held on a second longer.

"Aren't I always." I could hear the smile in his voice.