Chapter 13

Thank you for your votes in the fiction awards for The Dons Daughter and thank for the support on my new book, Eu te amo, xo.
_____

Grayson isn't her real brother. Repeated itself over and over again in my head.

I sat back and watched Carter yell into his phone. Messiah and the rest of our security team came rushing into the living room we sat in, alert of their surroundings. No one helped the unconscious man on the floor, so I got up and yanked him into a sitting position.

"Wake up." I tapped his shoulder. "Quinn!" His eyes fluttered open and then shut again.

"You have three seconds before I punch you out cold again." I threatened, drawing my fist back.

I wasn't going to actually punch the poor man, definitely not after what Carter just did to him but I had to get him talking.

"Stop." He mumbled. "Why are Hayze's kids so violent?"

"It gets people talking apparently." I sat in front of him on the coffee table. "Start talking, I want to know more."

"Vania." He rubbed at his temples. "She's your mothers older sister, who fell pregnant with their families first boy obviously it being Grayson. Your grandfather had him sent over to your parents so they could train him to be a skilled killer. Grayson wasn't interested in the things you were, it was like you both were opposites. They tried to get him into it all but he refused, I'm sure you remember." He rubbed at his bruising jaw.

He was right, Grayson preferred to be at the park practicing for his soccer games with his friends. He always supported our fathers and my fighting careers but never showed interest in it.

"Why did they take Grayson?" I asked, I was curious where my parents were going with this.

"Your parents said no to Fane sending Grayson to them but he never listened, so they had Grayson within the 24 hours of him being born. Your parents fell in love with Grayson and decided to keep him. Fane thinks Grayson is skilled, maybe even more skilled than you. He's waiting until he is of legal age so they can go get him." He flinched away as Carter made a sudden movement in his peripheral vision. "When the deal was made, your father had me hiding close by to record the recording I showed you. If your grandfathers had known I was there as witness then I would have been dead a long time ago."

"I want the recording." I held my hand out to him.

"That's fine, I just need you to work fast before Vice is walking around again and finds out I was the one who tipped you off on this." He handed me the small device. "I don't feel like dying anytime soon, I trust you Versana."

"You shouldn't have opened your mouth about my name, now everyone is going to question you. Keep me posted, I'll be back once he's able to function properly." I stood. "If I find out any of this is bullshit, I'm coming for your head."

"You sound just like your father, I'll be in touch niece." He bowed his head and left through a door I had no clue where it led to.

"Both your grandfathers are going to be in a casket by the time I'm finished with them." Carter started to make his way up the staircase.

"Parar, estamos deixando. (Stop, we're leaving)." I pulled open the front door. "You'll get your chance, just not right now Carter."

He muttered incoherent words before undoing his suit jacket and shoving his hands into his slacks. "When?"

"You'll be the first to know." I sighed, looping my arm into his.