5. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning still sleepy, I felt like I had got no sleep at all. I probably shouldn’t have stayed up all night with Lance knowing that I had school the next morning.

 I got up out the bed, and I went and hopped into the shower. Once I had finished getting ready I grabbed my bag and went outside to meet Trey.  

"You ready?" he asked. 

"Yup."  

"So what'd you do last night?" he asked me. Oh crap.  

"Um nothing. Got on the computer, watched some TV then I turned in early," I lied. 

"Oh, you didn't miss me," he said with a smile plastered on his face.  

"Umm, not really," I said and saw his face fell. "I'm just kidding Trey." He laughed  

"You better be," he said to me. When we got to school Trey walked me too my class, like he had for the last week, but about halfway there Lance interrupted us. This was not going to be good.  

"I'll take her from here," Lance told Trey reaching for my hand.  

"Don't touch her," Trey said slapping his hand away.  

"And why not? She is my girl," Lance stated. Trey looked at me and I looked away.  

"I don't think so," Trey said getting ready to walk away.  

"So why were we playing in her bed last night." Lance said with a smirk on his face. He was enjoying this moment of having something to throw in Trey’s face. 

"Lance," I yelled. Trey looked at me. "Trey-" I started.  

"Why do you feel like you have to lie to me Mya?"

"Trey---"  

"Naw fuck it, I try to be a good friend and I try to protect you, but you won't let me. What's your problem? You're not the same old Mya." I said nothing, he was right. I wasn't the same.  

"I'll see you later," Trey said to me before walking away.  

"Lance, why did you do that?" I asked him. 

"What? I was just letting him know that you were still my girl," he said kissing me on my lips. "Come on, lets go. We got class," he said pulling me to first period.

I walked to Trey's back gate. I was guessing that he was mad at me since he didn't walk me home. I really didn't know. All I knew is that I didn't want him to be mad at me and I didn't want him to separate himself from me. We had just got over the last fight and here we were fighting again.  I mean, what's the big damn deal? I got back together with Lance. People change and you're suppose to have a forgiving heart. I went to his back door and lifted the pot sitting on the seal. I grabbed the rusted key and put it in the lock and opened the door. Walking to the kitchen, I grabbed a soda out of the fridge. Trey's house was my house and vice versa, so I made myself feel at home. I walked to the back of the house towards Trey's room where I heard moans and grunts coming from his room. Yup, he was mad at me because he was being stupid. I pressed my back up against the opposite wall and slid down to the floor. I sat there for about a hour and a half before Trey emerged from the room with a girl I recognized from school. I looked up at him and the girl turned her head as if she was trying to conceal her face. Yea you’re a slut! I said in my mind wishing that I could just say it out in the open.