13. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

Vote/COMMENT/like/tweet/fan if you already havent

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat on my bed listening to my iPod which was dropped off by Trey. I had never been happier before in my seventeen years of life. He and mom had gone to grab something to eat and they were supposed to be bringing me funnel cake back. The cops also came and visited me today but to only ask me the basics: did I remember anything or the person who did this? I said no, which pretty much concluded my questionnaire. I was listening to Eminem's new CD which I downloaded- it was amazing! Eminem was one of the best rappers alive. I was singing along when somebody pulled my earphone out of my ear. I turned to look at who it was.

"Lance!" I yelled. I pulled him into a warm hug.

"I've missed you so much baby," he said.

"I've missed you too," I replied. He pulled away and kissed my cheek.

"Why didn't you come see me yesterday?" I asked him.

"I didn't get the message until this morning," he said. "How are you feeling"?

"Okay. My headaches gone and according to the doctors I'm doing way better than I was when I entered this place."

"Yea," he said looking down.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Look Mya I have to go, I wish I could stay longer."

"No it's okay, I guess I'll see you later," I told him. He gave me one last hug and kissed my forehead before leaving.

Trey's POV

I sat next to Mya as she ate her funnel cake. Ma had gone home for awhile and I told her I would stay here until she got back.

"This is really good, are you sure you don't want any?" Mya said as she stuffed her face. I laughed.

"Yea I'm sure," I told her. "So you ready to get out of this place?"

"Am I? This is like prison," she stated. I laughed and stared at the TV. We were watching a lifetime movie and this lady was having road rage because she missed her exit, lost her job, and her child.

"Listen Mya, I am so sorry," I blurted out towards her.

"What? Why?"

"For not being there for you, for letting this happen."

"No Trey, it's not your fault."

"Yea it is. If I hadn't stopped talking to you I could have been with you and this whole thing could have been prevented. But I was stupid and I let whoever did this hurt you," I said holding my head in my hands.

"Trey look at me," she said grabbing both my hands, "this is not your fault. I don't blame you at all, not in the least," she said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be," she replied, "you shouldn't blame yourself, you'll make me feel bad," she said as tears started to run down her face.

"Stop, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry," I said wiping her tears with my thumb. "Look, on the bright side, you get to leave this place tomorrow morning." Her head snapped up.

"I do?"

"Yea, you didn't know?"

"What no, nobody told me," she stated.

"Well now you know," I told her.

"Yes! I cannot wait to leave this place," she said as she turned her attention back to the TV and began watching.

I walked in my room. It was still the same, nothing had changed. I had been away from here for three months but it only felt like a couple of days. I went and sat on my bed. It still felt the same. I lied down and looked at the ceiling, but one thing was missing: Trey. I got up and grabbed some clothes so I could take a shower in my own bathroom. Once out of the shower I felt so much better. I went down stairs to find my mom in the kitchen.

"How you feeling?" she asked me.

"Okay," I replied.

"Well Trey said that he would be over sometime this evening to see you, he should be here any minute."

"Okay," was all I said in return and began to walk up the stairs.

"Mya," I heard her yell out.

"Yes?" I said turning around to face her.

"Do you... are you and.... Gosh this sounded way easier and better in my head," she said. I, still confused, was still wondering what she was trying to say.

"Mya, are you and Trey more than friends," she asked. Oh gosh, where the hell did that come from?

"Mom no. We are just friends, he's my best friend mom. Besides, I have Lance; I wouldn't do that to him," I told her. "I don't even like Trey like that," I added.

"Okay okay, "she said holding her hands up. "I was just asking."

"Mom, you should know that I'm not that type of girl. I wouldn't cheat on Lance no matter what," I said.

"Okay Mya, it was just a----" The knock on the backdoor interrupted her. That had to be Trey. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"There's my favorite girl," Trey said pulling me into a tight embrace. "I'm so glad you're home," he muttered into my hair. He pulled away and I let him into the house.

"Hey Ma," he said walking into the kitchen. I laughed, him calling my mom 'ma' always made me laugh. My mom eyed me suspiciously, and then mouthed the words 'favorite girl' to me when Trey wasn't looking. That made the situation so much more awkward. I looked away while putting a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What's wrong?" Trey asked.

"Oh nothing," I said. "Come on, let's go up stairs."

"Call me if you need me mom!" I said walking away. I closed the door once Trey and I were in my room. I lay on my bed on my back. Trey flopped down next to me.

"I missed this so much," he told me.

"What?" I asked.

"This. Just being with you, you're my best friend My and I feel like I let you down and I'm so sorry." I turned over on my side and propped my head up with me elbow.

"Trey, you have got to stop doing that- stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault, I mean, I don't blame you at all. It was my fault we weren't talking in the first place; I was being stupid. So don't do that okay?" He looked at me out the corner of his eye and then averted his eyes.

"Trey," I said. "Promise me you will stop blaming yourself," I demanded.

"The promise stuff doesn't work out remember?" he replied. I immediately knew what he was talking about.

"That was a different situation," I told him.

"So you think in this situation it will work out?" he asked. I nodded.

"Okay, then I promise," he stated. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around his torso.

"Thanks."

"Don't worry. I owe you one anyway," he said as his arm encircled my waist. We lay there in a comfortable silence before he went home about an hour later. When I was with him I just felt safe and comfortable. It was a feeling that I couldn't explain. It was something that I just felt and I liked it. After he left, once again my security was gone; I felt afraid. Someone had tried to kill me and I didn't know who, that meant that I wasn't safe. I made my way downstairs to my mom's room. I slowly opened the door trying not to make any noise. I went and climbed in the bed next to her trying not to awaken her then pulled the covers over my body, resting my head on a pillow. I was scared. I didn't know how to handle a situation like this. The one where someone tried to kill me.