11. Life Can Crumble To Pieces in Less Than A Second

I listened to my mom talking. From what I had gathered so far from the sounds around me and the voices speaking, I was in a hospital. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak. So I was guessing that I was in something like a coma. Maybe that was the reason I would go numb sometimes and slip into nothing. I had figured out why I was in this coma when I heard the doctor talking to a man who I guessed was a police officer. The officer had said that someone tried to kill me. It was a big shocker and the even bigger shocker was I didn't know who had done it. Every time I woke I would search my mind for what happened but I would just become too exhausted and slip into nothing. I listened to my mom as she ranted on about the police guy who was just so cute.

"I can't wait until you meet him he is just such a nice guy. I know you will like him" she stated. I mentally laughed.

"I really can't wait for you to wake up Mya. I miss you so much. Everybody misses you. Lance stops by at least once a day and Trey.....poor Trey he's taking it the hardest. He keeps muttering that it's his fault. I think he says that because the police blame him. They think he had something to do with your death. To be honest I don't think Trey did it. He such a nice guy and we have known him for so long you know" she said waiting for me to respond even though she knew I couldn't. Why would they think Trey did this. He wouldn't hurt me. I mean we weren't on the best of terms.......he was mad at me...could it have been trey. Did he really want me dead? It was too much for me because once again I became exhausted and I slipped into the nothing.

Treys POV

I walked into her room. It had been a month and I was getting anxious for her to wake up. The cops had not found out who had done this and I was still their biggest suspect. They were counting on her to wake up and hoping that she would remember who did this. I was hoping the same. I went and laid on the hospital bed next to her. I draped my arm over her waist.

"I miss you so much Mya. It doesn't feel the same anymore without you." This had been the first time I actually talked to her. Other times I would just hold her and cry,

"I'm sorry I don't talk much It's just......I know we were angry with each other and not talking but....... Just forget about all that I'm not angry anymore. I don't care about why we were fighting or anything. I just want you back." I quit talking as I heard shuffling outside of the door but then the noise subsided and I began to continue.

"I'm so sorry My. I shouldn't have let this happen to you. I should have protected you. I should have been there for you, but I wasn't and now I have to live with that. I was so stupid" I told her. I wished that any moment now she would just respond. I would she would move or something. Some indication to let me know that she could hear me and that she was listening. I needed to know that she forgave me, because I couldn't forgive myself without it. I moved a few pieces of hair from out of her face and kissed her on her forehead. The bruises that were there before had turn into a light shade of purple. You could barely notice them.

"I'll see you later okay Mya. I'll come back tomorrow" I told her as I got up from the bed and stalked out of the room.

I listened as I heard someone walk in the room. I had been awake for awhile and I was quite bored, I was hoping that someone would drop off a radio or flick on the TV or something. I mean this was torture. I felt the bed shift and my right side lowered slightly. Someones body was pressed against mine. I felt an arm being rested over my stomach. Who was this? Right now they were a stranger to me. There was always this one person that came in. They touched me and they kissed me but they would never say anything. At first I thought It was Lance but it wasn't because Lance talked to me all the time and then I thought it was Trey, but I just knew that Trey would say at least something. Even though I didn't want it to be true. I concluded that Trey was the one who had hurt me. I mean why else would he not come see me. The cops thought he did it. Obviously they had some type of evidence and we were fighting. I can't remember what about. I just knew that we weren't on good terms. I felt the person's arm shift. I knew this person was a guy but I didn't know who.

"I miss you so much Mya. It doesn't feel the same anymore without you." Oh My Gosh. It was Trey. The mystery person was Trey, but why hadn't he been talking to me.

"I'm sorry I don't talk much It's just.....I know we were angry with each other and not talking but....... Just forget about all that I'm not angry anymore. I don't care about why we were fighting or anything. I just want you back." I wish I could come back, I muttered inside my head.

"I'm so sorry My. I shouldn't have let this happen to you. I should have protected you. I should have been there for you, but I wasn't and now I have to live with that. I was so stupid" He said. Wait so Trey wasn't the one who hurt me. He said he should have protected me, but from what. I was so confused. Who else would have tried to kill me. He blamed himself for what had happened. He shouldn't. I mean he can only do so much. It's not like he was my Guardian Angel. He needed to know that I didn't blame him. Whatever happen wasn't his fault.

"I'll see you later okay Mya. I'll come back tomorrow" He said as I felt him remove himself from by me and then the door closed shut.

"See ya Later" I replied mentally. I had to figure who caused me to be in the position I was in now. Maybe it wasn't anybody I knew. Maybe it was a stalker or something. Maybe some guy had tried to rob me or rape me. All I knew is that I was confused and I wanted to wake up. I wanted to be inside Lance's arms. I wanted to lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling with Trey. I wanted to laugh and talk with my mom. I missed all the little things that I took for granted and it was killing me. All I wanted was to wake up and for this nightmare to be over.

I laid on my bed. I was once again bored. I couldn't believe that nobody had thought to bring me and music or turn on the TV. I was slowly dying from boredom. It was killing me. I heard the door creak as someone opened it. Then I heard it shut. I'm guessing that whoever it was had entered the room.

"Hey Mya" Oh it was Lance. I felt him grab my hand.

"Listen Mya, I need you to know that I am so so sorry for hurting you". He said in a whispered voice. What was he talking about and why was everybody so sorry?

"I didn't mean too, I didn't know that you would end up here, for what I did" What! It was Lance. Lance was the person that did this to me. All of sudden I felt horrible for even thinking that Trey could have done this. I mean he was my best friend and he loved me. He would never hurt me, but Lance he would he did all the time. I don't know why I didn't think of him in the first place. He was the one that hit me and beat me up for no reason. He was the one that left bruises on my body. He was the reason I was laying in the hospital bed. Not able to move, talk, or see. This was all his fault. Rage began to fill my body. I hated him for putting me in this position.

"I know you may hate me" he said. Ahh you think. I'm in a freaking hospital bed.

"But I need for you to forgive me Mya" He demanded

"I love you and I don't want to lose you" he stated I began to soften up like I always did when he hurt me. I was about to forgive him. It's what I always did, but I didn't want to forgive him. I mean this time he had went to far and he didn't even try to get me help. He hid me deeper in the woods. I wanted to cry. MY emotions were so mixed. I felt water on my face. Oh gosh Lance was crying. I felt his hand rub under both of my eyes. What was he doing?

" Mya I'm sorry please don't cry" Wait what? I could cry. I was crying? How? I tried to open my eyes. It was so hard. I tried harder. I began to see light peek through my eyelids as my eyes flutter and then I became very tired and weak. Everything became silent. Everything when black, there was no traces of light at all. I slipped into nothing.