002. MUSE

REVELATION
002 | Muse

Dear Diary,

The beginning of the academic year here at the university had started and I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of hours spent in my korean language class — a mandatory two hour course offered to international students on monday, wednesday and fridays. in addition to this schedule, I have a couple of courses that revolve around my major, photography, that include graphic design, visual arts and an ancient studies of korean art.

back at the dorm it isn't any easier to unwind and settle during the nights. Aria received her first performance assignment which consist of developing her portfolio and being some of her work to life. somehow aria convinced me into being her model, since, and I quote, "your body portions and size isn't like anyone here. everyone knows black people have a little bit more of figure than most of us."

I didn't know whether or not I should've taken that as a compliment or be quite offended by the statement. nonetheless, I agreed without much argument since at the time i hadn't received much information about my first official photography assignment. so my nights consist of standing on top of cardboard boxes as aria wrapped fabrics around my body, measured every dip and curve, and punch numerous pins into my skin.

about a month later, I received my first official photography project assignment. the concept of the project to catch natural beauty in our muse — human, scenery, minimalistic or abstraction — anything that had never been enhanced or made anew. I thought the concept was quite vague and oblique — especially if our muse could be a human being... makeup does enhance the natural beauty so that was quite confusing.

I had mentioned to the crew about the assignment and how I was quite unsure about what approach I should take. I knew that many of the students who were international like myself would probably venture out into the city and capture the scenery of Seoul. Other would possibly explore around the campus and catch students in their everyday environment. I didn't have many options to choose from.

"Well, if it isn't such a big deal and you can't think of anything else, why don't you use Taeyong as your muse. He's lean, unrealistic visuals, has availability because he'd completed most of his major courses with his head start program, and not to mention I've seen the way you've been staring him down since I'd introduced you."

Although that was a late not conversation with Aria and I knew for a fact that she was only bluffing to begin with. I did take notice of the fact she had made several points. Taeyong did have much availability for shooting, he did have crazy sex appeal and visals, and by having him as my muse it provided me with ample of opportunities to develop a relationship with him — one that could possible help me get closer and make him mine.

I doubted myself about this whole situation and I couldn't possibly get myself to come forward and ask for his permission. but when the deadline approached for the first photo of our muse, I had no other choice that set my dignity off to the side and fess up. My approach was strong for I had caught him in the midst of heading back to the dorm — Taeyong on the other hand was heading to his late night dance class.

I quickly called him over for a second to speak and of course he didn't mind. With a little bit of courage and a couple of anxious heartbeats that pounded obnoxiously against my chest I gave him the four-one-one on my assignment and with a nod of the head, and a shrug of a shoulder, he agreed to be my muse under one condition.

We kept it professional... and nothing more than that.

With Everlasting Love,
Sapphire A'na Haven