Chapter 1

It was mid June as the warm summer breeze brushed against my bare shoulders. The sun was coming up over the mountains in the distance as I walked along the hot concrete. Happy 22nd birthday to me, but nothing was different about tonight. I licked my lips, and rubbed my arm back and forth applying pressure in an attempt to rid my lips of the taste of cheap vodka. It took every ounce of me to hold back the vomit that was bubbling and fighting it's way up my esophogaus. 

"Hold yourself together babe, you're almost home." 

At the time walking didn't seem so bad, but there was no way in hell I was going to drive my Lincoln home in the condition I was in. Daddy would have been proud of that choice. Atleast somewhat. Back in highschool I'm sure he would have loved to see me move onto college and become that almighty lawyer he always dreamed of, but now I'm sure that he probably has rolled over 20 times in his grave. 

I ditched the Louis Vuitton pumps after the first two miles, and already regretted it. The alcohol and drug supply at that party wasn't even all that great. Unsatisfied, I decided to just walk home before i stayed the night only to be sexed up by some sweaty juice head. As I approached the tall white pillars in the front of my house, I let out a huge sigh and collapsed on my front lawn; nuzzling my face into the grass. I rolled over and stared up into the big open sky. Now in broad day light i could see the red lines and bruises around my arms where i would traditionally shoot heroin. 

"Shit, that is not cute." I said to myself, as i slapped my forehead and rolled back over into the grass. I closed my eyes for a bit until I heard a familiar voice of one of my neighbors. 

"Another late night of partying Alexis? What would grandma say? It's a shame, pretty sad actually."

I cringed at that, and forced myself to stand up, almost completely sober by now but still feeling the side effects. "Deb, Grandma would probably say something like take your whiny pure bred dog and your fake polo to the opposite side of the street and away from my house so i don't have to listen to you bitching every morning."  I've never been so straight forward before, but I was pushed over the edge. With that, she walked off with her nose high in the air. I fumbled around in my bag for my keys, and let myself into my suburban home in Colorado. How a person like me got it so easy is still questionable, but i knew no matter how many times I told myself I would never learn better. The saying live and learn doesn't flow with me. I just live.