Chapter 4

Opening my eyes that morning was more difficult than than I could have ever planned. It was hard to tell wheter or not I didn't want to open them, or if I couldn't. I felt sunlight resting ontop of my eyelids just as a cool breeze shifted over my face. I could actually feel my body working, so that was a sign I hadn't died from those crap drugs I bought. I mumbled and rolled over pulling the blankets over my face. "It's nice to know I don't have a dead body laying in my bed." I pushed the blankets off of my face, and squinted my eyes open just enough to peek at who - and where I was. 

"How did you get me here, and where did you find me?"

"Jacky and Derek found you half dead in the back alley last night. Did you think I was going to leave you there to die?" Old Ronnie would have done something like that, so I had every reason to think so. Besides, I didn't plan on passing out or having Ronnie's posse find me either. So much for first impressions, right? 

I groaned and put a pillow over my head. "What time is it anyways?" I asked. "It's like, four in the afternoon man." 

"Shit, where are we again?" 

"You're in a bed. We're in a house, in Aurora."  Ronnie said speaking as if I were dumb. I knew that much. He sat on the bed side, inspecting me to make sure I was alright. 

"Do you want to take me to pick up my car? I'll give you gas money, or whatever. I left it somewhere." I asked, trying to make it sound a lot less worse than it actually was. He laughed before agreeing and motioning me to follow him. "So you guys are all staying in this house then?" I asked, rubbing my head. It was throbbing and I was starving. "Well the tour starts in a week, and the first stop is somewhere near by. This is my friends house and he's letting us stay here since I hate hotels." I laughed. So did I. I couldn't help but reminisce back on the times when Ronnie and I were best friends. He's the one who introduced me to all of the high end drugs, and quiet frankly it was a bit weird to see him completely sober. But I was still extremely happy for him. He guided me down a series of hallways until we reached the kitchen. "I know you have to be starving." I half smiled and nodded. "Are we alone?" 

"Um, no the guys are downstairs in the basement playing xbox...Why? Are you gonna try to make a move on me?" He laughed. I slapped his arm. "No! I was wondering because I feel like a scumbag after last night, I mean I did pass out on LSD only to be found in the back alley by your friends. I'm sure it couldn't have been any worse." 

"At least you weren't raped, or killed. Or both." 

"I wish I was killed. I feel like shit." 

"Exactly why I'm happy I don't do that stuff anymore." He rested his elbows on the kitchen counter and stared at me. I looked down, because I didn't want to look at him. I was so embarrassed. I knew I should seek help but I didn't want to. I loved the rush of everything I did, but Ronnie was like a father figure to me and I know that he solely wanted the best for me. "Hey." He said, I looked up. "I just want to help you. I did it and I know you can." I pursed my lips together. "That's easier said than done." I threw my head back and let my hair dangle, my head hurt so bad. "Rapunzel! Rapunzel! Let down your long hair!" I shot my head back up fast and looked to see the other four guys come into the room. "Good Ronnie's making food." Derek yelled. "Not for you!" They all laughed. They all got along so well it was kind of cute. My little Ronnie was growing up. "Um hello, don't forget about my car!" 

"Oh yeah, lets go, I'll take you now. These guys are bound to steal your food anyways." 

"Bye babe!" Ryan said in a girlie voice as he winked at Ronnie. Ronnie laughed and winked back as he and I left the room and headed outside. "So where are we going?" 

"Somewhere in downtown Louisville. I ditched it and walked home a few nights ago." 

We both got into he black SUV that rested in the driveway and took off. "About an hour drive. Let's talk." Ugh, those words. 'Let's talk.' I hated talking. I knew exactly what he wanted to "talk" about. I slumped down in my seat and pouted. "Cheer up buttercup, let me help you. Tell me how you've been."