Chapter 3

I gave myself one last look in the tall mirror as I prepared to leave for the night. I was dressed in a glittery silver dress with a back drop stopping just short of the small of my back. My long black hair was curled and stopped just above my hips. The outfit was accompanied with pink satin pumps that made my tone tan legs stand out. I applied just a bit of pink lipstick to make my green eyes stand out, and after that i headed downstairs. Aubrielle, and Kristi waited at the footsteps outside as we pre-gamed before heading out. I hastily huffed down a bottle of Oval by myself and felt absolutely nothing. I trained my liver well. After last night, I was ready to have a fulfilling night of the pricy drinking scene. Although not that excited, I was yearning to drink until I passed out.

~

Stepping out of the all black car and towards the crowd forming around the front entrance of the club. "THIS is exclusive?" Kristi snapped at Aubrielle." Not this, our party is upstairs. Just wait until you see it, you'll die." I raised an eyebrow in that in hopes she was right. So far I wasn't impressed, but I could be proved wrong. Aubrielle waved to some security guards who obviously knew her, but at the same time I wondered who she had to sleep with to get these connections. We traveled around to the side of the building where there was a large man dressed in black and orange. "Stan how nice to see you this evening!" 

"Aubrielle, always a pleasure to have you with us." With that the ogre let us through the shiny doors leading into a huge room completely glowing with neon colors, with a balcony overlooking the dance floor where people were fighting to get into earlier. I was almost impressed, but I still had to check out the drinking situations. There wasn't at all that many people, and It was only about 11:30 so I assumed we were early. I shimmied over to the glowing bar and ordered myself a few drinks to start off with. I'm not one to make friends or mingle so I made myself comfortable on the bar stool and leaned my elbows against the bar scoping out the place. Soon enough more and more people started to show up. I was actually pretty impressed, and actually being born from wealth, for once I actually felt like it. I brushed off that emotion as fast as it came and I asked the bartender for two more drinks. The feeling I so long wished for was coming on and I could feel it; almost reaching a euphoric state of mind, sipping my drink faster and faster. I opened my eyes wide enough that my eyelashes hit my eyebrows. Just at the peek of it all, someone behind me ruined it by brushing my exposed back. I jumped, and swung around spilling my expensive drink on myself. So close, and yet still so far. I was unsatisfied once again.

"Well shit, if it isn't the one and only Lex Devereaux. Judging by that hair and placement at the bar I could tell who you were from halfway across the room." 

That voice. It couldn't be. I set my drink down gently and turned around as gracefully as I could. I rose my eyes up to meet the figure speaking to me and bit the corner of my lip. Ronnie Radke. The man who was my partner in crime for almost two years. I could almost faithfully say he's the reason for my alcoholic and drug addicted ways. Last time I heard he was off to jail for some unknown reason, so why was he here? 

"Ronnie. What are you doing here?" I tried to sound as sweet as possible, wanting to have the upper hand in the situation. I batted my eyes at him. He smirked. Ronnie was dark, and twisted. I knew all of his secrets and I knew he was not the person to be messed with. He laughed and turned his head, glaring his teeth in the opposite direction. 

"I'm here with my band actually. I should be asking you that. This is the kick off party for the upcoming tour that I'll be on this summer you know." 

"Escape The Fate? I thought you were kicked out of that band?" I bit my tongue and regretted that remark as soon as I let it flood out of my mouth. He laughed again and ran his fingers through his choppy black hair.