Chapter 6

Almost two hours had passed by with no words spoken between the two of us. It's almost like you were led to believe that Jacky was a mysterious person but actually hes just very awkward. Something about him made me want to just strangle him and demand him to talk. Where was Ronnie and the rest of the band anyways? I was starting to get hungry. I decided to break the awkward silence and try to talk to Jacky at least. I mean, I was going to be with the boys all summer and I sure as hell wasn't going to be best friends with Ryan. I turned to him, but was met by the sight of him already looking at me. "Um... Do you want to watch another movie or something?" I asked, un sure of what to say to him. I didn't know what he liked or did. He was like a rock. Didn't say much of anything, and didn't really seem to care about his surroundings. He shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something but I couldn't make it out. "I have an Xbox, or my laptops right there if you want. There's food in the fridge, I mean help yourself it's only me who lives here anyways." I rested my head back on the arm of the couch and started to hum a song I had stuck in my head. "I'm supposed to be babysitting you, not the other way around." My nose crinkled and I sat up. "What did you say?" I snapped. 

"Nothing I guess." He said softly while he chewed on his fingers. I rolled my eyes and laid my head back. 

"So are you always this quiet?" 

He didn't answer me. Was he ignoring me? Just by doing nothing at all he managed to push all of my buttons, and I was having second thoughts about spending my summer touring with them. "Hello?!" I yelled, as I shot up and opened my eyes. As I looked up, I found that he wasn't there anymore. "What the.." I looked around distinctively before jumping to my feet to investigate. I walked down the massive corridor and stopped when I seen Jacky sitting in the office by himself. "Did I pull a Ryan Seaman and scare you away or something?" I laughed, trying to seem more approachable than before. 

"No."

"What are you doing then?" 

He sat comfortably with the guitar intertwined in his hands and arms. He traced his fingers along the guitar strings as he looked out of the window at the rain and began playing. I sat down on the floor and watched him carefully, his eyes never looking at the guitar. I watched as I seen him put his lips together and hum a song. But the song he was humming sounded so familiar. "Hey, that song. What is it? Is it..." 

"It's AFI." 

"Yeah! I was just hu-"

"You were humming it."

"I was! You know how to play it on guitar?!"

"No, i sort of just like, listened to you. Almost like learning to play by ear or something."

"Wow, that's really cool."

He smiled at me and continued to play. 

"I like AFI. I have a couple of AFI tattoos." He said softly as he laughed to himself and blushed. I sat patiently and watched him play. "My dad bought me one of their records when I was younger." I told him. "AFI taught me how to write a song. Are you still close with your Dad, Alexis?" 

His words shot through my head abruptly as I shut my eyes slowly and felt my forehead tense up. The thought of my Dad was an uneasy subject for me. I could feel him looking at me again. Why did he have that effect on me? I pinched my arm and bit my lip trying to take my mind off of the situation. Suddenly I could tell he wasn't looking at me anymore. I opened my eyes with blurry vision caused by a pool of tears I desperately tried to hide from Jacky. I excused myself and crossed my arms as I left the office and tore off. I felt tears raining down my pink cheeks. Looking back on the times where my Dad and I lived in this house together, with big plans and expectations for my future was too difficult for me knowing that I had turned out exactly the way he didn't want me to. I booted open the cellar door and found the liquor cabinet in no time. Without hesitation I let my hands do all the work with grabbing a hold of the first bottle they could. I popped off the top with ease and let the cold fluid run down my throat and drown my thoughts. Within no time, the bottle was finished off and I was onto the next. I grabbed it and took it with me on my voyage back to my room. I lazily trotted to my room and shut the door. I rested my head back on the door and shut my eyes as a smirk ran across my face.  I let my eyes open again as shimmied over to the massive glass doors leading to the balcony and lead myself out onto the cold cement. I laid down on my back and enjoyed the feeling of the cold raindrops dance on my face. I felt nothing inside as I emptied another bottle. Pure calmness reloaded in my system. I felt alone, and thats how I forced myself to believe that's how it should be.