Part 5: A friend's support....?

//Zane's POV//

I barely got any sleep last night, i kept thinking about the fact that i have a crush on Aaron of all people. This was so embarassing, he has been nice to me lately, sure but that's no reason for me to start crushing on him. I quickly got out of bed, once i saw that the sun was rising outside. I went to take a good, long shower. That always helped to collect my thoughts.... There was no way in hell, that i was telling Aaron about this.... at least not yet. I wanted to at least be proper friends first. But i knew i should tell Aphmau, she might be able to help me deal with these feelings.

I finshed the shower after a bit, and were able to changed my clothes. By the time i had gotten changed, Aaron had gotten up and was making breakfeast..... in his underwear.... My face turned red when i saw him almost naked in the kitchen. He told me good morning with the biggest smile, i think i have ever seen him do. I muttered out a good morning as i sat down and watched him cook. He was pretty good in the kitchen, which made sense. He lives alone after all, he needs to be able to make okay food when you are on your own. He was making pancakes and they smelled so good. 

After a good while, the pancakes were all ready and we were eating them. Aaron had also made coffee, which had made me so happy. Coffee is something i need to live. We didn't talk as much during this but i guess Aaron had figured out that i wasn't really a morning person. We finished eating and said goodbye to each other. I went to my place to put away my stuff before heading towards Aphmau's place...

//Aphmau's POV//

I had not expected Zane to be at my doorstep this morning, but i was happy to see him nonetheless. He told me that he had something very, very serious to talk about, which was why he was here so early. I nodded my head and told him that we could go talk in my room. I went to tell Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan, who i was eating breakfeast with before i went to open the door, that i was going to have a talk with Zane about something. I guess the two of them could figure out that it was serious, since he has only come this early before, when something very serious had happend.

I closed the door behind me as i walked into my room. Zane was sitting on my bed, his mask off and his face compelty red. I quickly sat down next to him and asked him what was wrong. I was worried that he might be sick, due how red his face was. He looked down at the ground before muttering out that he thinked he might have a crush on someone. I looked at him, not quiet sure what to think. I wasn't going to jump to conclusions, i was gonna let Zane tell me who his crush was. I asked him who it was and the answer, kinda broke my heart a little.

Zane had a crush on Aaron...... I tried my best to keep myself from crying, but it was hard to hear the person you have feelings for, talk about their love for someone else. I had loved Zane for a while now, but i had never known when would have been the best moment to tell him and now..... Now he was crushing on someone else. I wanted to badly to tell Zane to not go after him, that Aaron wasn't good for him.... and that he should be with me...... But i couldn't do that to him, he is still my best friend......

 I told him that he had my support and i would do what i could to help him. That made him smile and he pulled me in for a hug and thanked me. It became even hard to keep the tears from falling but i managed to keep them in. Not all hope was lost, i still had a chance of winning Zane's heart, i just had to work really hard for it now.

Zane left soon after that, having to go to work. As soon as he was competly out of the house, i let the tears fall. I knew Zane didn't mean to make me cry, i knew that he wasn't aware of how i feel about him. I suddenly got a message from no other then Aaron, asking if i wanted to hang out. This was the perfect way to figure out if Aaron felt the same way about Zane...

Because if he does, then we were going to be rivals......