~Contest Entry V. Where The Devil Wins

WARNING: contains spoilers of the season 13 finale. Don't read this if you aren't caught up yet.

~~~~~~

"You are not my father," Jack said, "you are a monster." And with those words, Lucifer's entire world stopped. Something within him just... snapped when he saw the hatred and disgust burn in his son's eyes like smoldering embers.

Without knowing what he was doing, he opened his mouth and let out a horrifying scream. His eyes burned red as his veins popped out around his throat. Sam and Dean covered their eyes as Jack continued to stare at him with the same look; unmoving and unblinking.

"Okay, I tried with you. I really tried with you." Lucifer told him, still fuming.

"Everything you told me was a lie!" Jack snapped back.

Red fading away, his now blue eyes narrowed. "Because I told you what you wanted to hear! So what I killed the girl?! Big deal! She," he tripped over his own words, "she is a human, she doesn't matter." Part of him didn't understood what his own child saw in humanity, and probably never will. Humans were too far gone. Beyond saving.

"So am I!" Jack told him. He sees himself as a human.

"Yeah? And that's your problem. You're too much like your mother." Lucifer hissed, not breaking eye contact with him.

"Jack," Castiel tried, carefully approaching them as Sam and Dean watched on. A crumbled, beat-up Michael was somewhere behind Jack. Lucifer ignored them all, not deeming them important enough.

"Stay out of this. I'll handle him." Jack simply said, eyes not leaving Lucifer's.

"Oh yeah?" Lucifer smirked in cold amusement. "We could have been something; you and me. We could have remade the universe," he mentioned all around them. "Wouldn't that be great? We could have been better Gods than Dad. And I really wanted that, Jack. But now, if I can't have it with you," his voice trailed off as he tilted his head slightly, his blade slipping in his hold.

"Then I don't need you. I just need your power." If I cannot have my son, I will at the very least have that part of him. He mentally added, but did not say aloud.

Before anybody could react, Lucifer jumped at Jack as fast as lightning and he sliced at his throat, sucking up the bright grace that broke free from the skin. Eyes glowed gold as the power coursed through him, the others froze on their spot.

Dean and Castiel yelled something but Lucifer didn't hear as he glowed up in a bright light, taking a hold of Jack's jacket to fly them away. He wasn't done yet with his rebellious son. Another hand, Sam's, gripped him last-minute as they disappeared from the room.

~~

"I will make the universe in my image. In the way Dad never could. I give humans another change... if they worship me. But maybe... one of you can stop me. Maybe." Lucifer took a tiny step back, looking between Sam and Jack, and the blade on the ground like a deadly promise. "Come on, clock's ticking, guys."

Slowly, Sam picks up the blade and Jack walks closer. After a while, Sam offers Jack the blade with a shaking hand. "Kill me," he whispered.

"What?" Jack breathed, stepping back as he shook his head, refusing to take the blade.

"Kill me," Sam patiently repeated. "You can stop him, Jack. You need your power back," he pushed the blade in Jack's hands, Jack holding it as if he was handed a poisonous snake instead.