Year 10-19

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok 

30 August, Year 9

I rubbed my eyes and got up. The hyungs gestured at me to follow them quietly. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep some more, but I just listened to the hyungs. I stealthily escaped the room and passed through the hall. My surroundings were pitch-black. I wondered what time it was; other than knowing it was way past bedtime, I didn't have any information. We climbed the stairs and opened the iron gate at the roof. The hyungs were surprised at the creaking sound and stopped in place, and I did too. I looked around at my surroundings. 

We huddled together and sat on the roof. "Why did we come up here?" At my question, the eldest hyung answered: "Just wait a bit, Jung Hoseok." It was at that moment. I heard a popping sound, and the northern sky lit up. I closed my eyes in surprise and shrunk back. I also thought I could smell something burning. 

"Wow!" someone shouted out, and the eldest hyung scolded them to be quiet. I opened my eyes slightly and looked up at the northern sky. There was another bang, and stars appeared in the night sky. "Not stars, fireworks," hyung said. The fireworks continued to billow up. I laid down on the roof and looked up at the stars, flames, and flowers bursting in the sky. "Jung Hoseok is crying, he's crying!" I heard the hyungs making fun of me. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. But it was in vain, as I shed more tears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok

23 July, Year 10

When I counted to three, I heard the sound of laughter like a hallucination. The next moment the young me passed by holding someone's hand. I looked back quickly, but there was no one there except my classmates staring at me.

"Hoseok-ah," the teacher called my name. Only then did I realize where I was. It was a class field trip. I was counting the fruits that were drawn in the textbook. Five. Six. I kept counting, but as I did my voice trembled and my hands grew sweaty. The memory of that time kept surfacing.

I couldn't clearly remember my mother's face that day. I only remembered the chocolate bar she gave me as we looked around the amusement park.

"Hoseok-ah. Count to ten and then open your eyes." When I had finished counting and opened my eyes, my mother was gone. I waited and waited, but she never returned. I had only counted to nine. If I counted one more it would have been fine, but my voice wouldn't come out. My ears were ringing and my surroundings grew cloudy. The teacher kept pointing, telling me to keep counting. My friends were staring at me. I couldn't remember my mother's face. It seemed like if I counted one more, my mother would really never come back for me.

Just like that, I collapsed to the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung

28 February, Year 10

Someone was crouched down in front of the supermarket. He was a boy I hadn't seen before. He was playing with Dongyi. He petted him and gave him something that looked like bread. We met eyes for a moment, which startled me, so I looked forward and kept walking. I hid in an alley and looked out from it. 

"Ugh. Who is that?" I put my hand in my pocket, touching the plastic bag of ham and toast. "Hmph. I had a hard time hiding this from Mom." 

"Oh? Taehyung is here. Why are you like that? Didn't you come to play with Dongyi?" I jumped in surprise. It was the shop owner. The guy from earlier lifted his head and looked at me. Ugh, It's because of the shop owner. Since I was caught anyway, I approached the guy.