not like he feels alive right now

Jimin could hear a commotion after he left the living-room, but it soon died down, and he heard the front door slam closed.

Not long after, his door opens, and taehyung and namjoon enter his room.

Jimin is fast to wipe his tears, sits up and faces the two Omegas with what he hopes is a smile but is sure is just a grimace from their reaction.

"Hey, crazy day huh?" he says trying to sound casual.

Both Taehyung and Namjoon frown and Tae reprimands him.

"Stop that; you don't have to put up a front Jimin."

"What do you mean?" he plays dumb "I'm fine."

He can feel their pity, and he hates it. He doesn't want it; he pities himself enough for the whole world.

Compassion isn't going to save him. It's not going to help him. It only serves to make him feel worse for himself.

Even though he feels pathetic, he can't get agitated; they're already looking at him like he's a wounded animal that still doesn't understand what's going on.

"You're not fine" Namjoon is the one talking now, so quietly and slowly like Jimin is on the edge of running off a cliff. "Jimin, we can't smell your scent."

At this Jimin explodes laughing, of course, he lost his scent. It's not like he needs it anyway. The one he wanted to attract is already gone.

His friends look at him like he already lost it, and maybe he did.

He wishes he does lose it; he's so tired, if losing his mind will help ease this pain, he'll gladly surrender his sanity.

If he were alone, he'd be raising his middle finger to the sky and shouting out a big FUCK YOU by now.

Of course, he won't be left to mourn his life in peace. Of course, his body would betray and out him!

"It's nothing" he insists "Don't worry, it's just out of shock, that's all."

He smiles sheepishly and carries on calmly, tightening his grip on his; Yoongi's, sweater in a pitiful attempt to stop their shaking.

"I'm sure you've already figured it out, but I was kind of interested in Yoongi Hyung. It's nothing serious though" he was fast to reassure" I'll get over it fast, don't worry."

Namjoon's frown deepens, and he says

"Don't lie to me; I know you've bonded."

Jimin turns to Taehyung with accusing eyes, but before he gets to yell at his friend for letting his secret out, Namjoon says

"He didn't tell me, I figured it out myself, it wasn't hard."

When Jimin stays silent Namjoon carries on cautiously

"Why didn't you confess?"

"When I realized I was in love it was already too late; The bond was already there."

"You could've confessed after," Namjoon says confused, not understanding why his friend didn't say anything.

"I flirted with him; he just wasn't interested," Jimin says, hating his friends for making him say this out loud. It only made it seem more real. His hopes of it being a bad dream dissipating.

"You could've told him you're in love" Namjoon persists "Hyung would've given you a chance. I really think you had a chance."

"I did too, but look at me now." Jimin chuckles.