Soon

kellin||

When we got to the park, I had gotten on the swings, pulling my camera out if my back pack. I took pictures of the sky and the forest sitting next to this very beautiful park.

I took photos of little kids just passing by with their parents sharing icecream and stories. I took photos of birds, flapping their colorful wings.

I felt the wind blow my hair back, it relieved me of my pains. It made me feel free.

3:30 flew by so fast.

I knew I was supposed to wait until around 5 but I went to see Vic anyway. I just needed him.

When I got to his house, I rang the door bell.

He answered the door with the most adorable bed head and was wearing pajamas. "What's up?" He asked. "I know I was gonna see you later but I really need to be around you right now and just-" "shh, come here." He said, pulling me into his arms.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "Kells, it's fine." He said.

"I've been at the park all day. Just listening to music and taking pictures." I said. "Can I see them?" He asked. I nodded, handing him my camera.

He looked through them, a smile on his face. As he got farther and farther into the album, his smile got bigger. "You are really good, kells." He said.

We sat down on his couch. "Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded, "My mom doesn't want me to do it." He said. "What do you mean? Why?"

"Because there's side effects. If I get it, it might short sometimes, and if they don't do it right, it could possibly kill me. But, we have a really good surgeon to do it so I don't think that'll happen." He said. "are you sure you want to do this?"He nodded.

"It kills me more everyday because the person I love the most, I can't hear his voice." He said.

"Who would that be?" I asked. "It would be you." I smiled. "You love me?" I asked.

I felt butterflies all of my stomach. He nodded.

I took his hands. "Well, I'm in love with you, Victor Vincent Fuentes." I said. He smiled, and pulled me into a hug. "Now, it all leads one question." He said.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" I asked. "Of course." He said.

I pulled him in, and placed my lips on his.

+

"Kellin, sweetheart, you need to go home." Vivian, Vic's mom, said to me. It was 10:30.

"Do I have to?" I asked. "Sweet heart, you have school tomorrow. I'm sure your parents are worried about you."

I tried my best not to roll my eyes. "You'd be surprised at the way he treats me." I mumbled under my breath. She motioned for me to follow her, so I did as I was told.

"What's going on at home?" My eyes widened.

I can't tell her. He told me if anyone found out, he'd hurt me 10x more than he already does.

"J-just um, nothing." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Kellin, I'm not an idiot. I know when someone is having a hard time."

I shook my head, there's no way I can tell her. "It's nothing. Everything is okay." I said.

"Kellin, what are your parents doing?" She asked.

Parents, as in plural. I tried so hard to suppress the thoughts of my mom. My beautiful mother, who is now, gone.

Every memory of my mother, her blue eyes, soft brown hair, her contagious laugh, everything about her just popped into my head.

I hadn't realized I had a stray tear falling down my face, "Parent,"I corrected, my voicing cracking. "Only one parent."

Her eyes became soft. "I'm so sorry, Kellin." She said.

"It's okay. Everything's okay." I said. "No it not, there's something happening."

I felt so vulnerable. I felt like I was about to explode. Like everything I've been holding in, it was about to pop.

"Do you promise not to tell anyone? And I mean, you can't tell another soul." I said.

She nodded. "My step dad, he constantly makes me feel like I'm a waste of space. He's told me constantly to hurt myself or kill myself. He's left bruises and broken bones. He told me if I told anyone, it'd get worse. You can't tell anyone." I said.

"Kellin, you're not going home. Not without me." She said. I smiled through my tears. She pulled me into a tight hug, "You remind me of her." I whispered.

"Of who?"

"My mom. You make me feel safe like she did." She smiled, "You're a son to me. It's my responsibility make sure that you're okay."

+

So Vivian let me stay the night. I hadn't had anyone clothes so Vic let me borrow some of his. To say that I felt safe in his clothes was just an understatement.

I don't mean to get all gushy, but his clothes smell like him, and it just makes me happy.

I wore one his his tank tops and a jean jacket I had.

He walked into school, our fingers intertwined.

"Everything's gonna be okay." He whispered, kissing my hands. I smiled a bit.

these little actions of love, it makes me a happier person every second.

I kissed his cheek, "I know." I said, knowing he couldn't hear it. But soon, he will.

soon.