Good

I pushed the snooze button on my alarm clock. After taking a shower, I put on a sweater and skinny jeans.

The sweater was a little wide on me but I was still comfortable. I put on my shoes before I left the house.

I went to my locker, putting my back pack in before closing it.

"Hey, kells!" Mike said.

"Hey." I said, my voice sounding a bit monotone- like.

"Are you okay?" I nodded. "You do realize I know you're lying." He said.

"That's great." I said.

"Kellin, what happened?"

"Nothing." I said, because I was nothing.

"Something happened." He said.

"Maybe, but it's nothing so let's drop it." I mumbled.

»

Lunch included a bunch of conversations excluding me. I didn't feel like talking.

I felt numb.

Numb. It sort of cancels out that sentence.

Because you can't feel numb. Numb is to lessen the amount of feeling, so you feel nothing.

I am numb. I feel nothing, or I'm not feeling anything at the moment.

Sure, I got butterflies when Vic kissed me, but once his lips were off mine, I felt incomplete.

"Kellin, you okay?" Jenna asked.

"Yes." I said. "What'd he do?" She mouthed, trying not to disturb the other's conversation.

I guess she knew, because instead of feeling nothing, of being numb, I felt sad. Tears were threatening spill.

I looked at my hand that was wrapped.

I kept it hidden by my sleeve.

I couldn't hold in my tears anymore, as they ran down my face. Vic wiped my tears and kissed my cheek. "What's wrong, darling?" He asked.

"I don't wanna be here." I whispered, looking into his eyes.

"It'll all get better." He took my hands but moved my sleeve up a little, revealing my wrapped hand. "What happened?" He asked.

"n-nothing." I said.

"Kellin." He said, "Tell me."

I looked down. "My step dad." I signed.

He lifted my chin, "you're staying with me. You have no choice." He said, wiping a stray tear that fell from my eye.

I kissed him, then kissed his nose. "I love you." I said.

"I love you too, baby." He said.

"I just want to go. I don't want to be here. I want it to be just me and you." I mumbled, to him. "Okay, it'll be just me and you. I promise."

»

I laid on his chest, as he kissed my forhead.

"I love you, kells." I smiled, I really liked when he told me that.

I reached up, and pressed my lips against his. "I love you too." I said.

He shifted, pulling us up. "Why? I don't get it, how could you love a deaf guy." He said, looking down.

I lifted his chin, making him look into my eyes.

"How could I not? And it's not because you're deaf. I love you, because you're sweet, because you care. Because you love me. I love you because you aren't afraid to be all cute in front of me. Like when you are okay with just wearing your pajamas, or not doing anything with your hair. Because it makes me feel like you're comfortable with me. That you don't have to dress up for me, because you don't. I love you because you could see me at my worst and still love me. I love you, Vic." I said.

He had a few tears running down his cheeks. I wiped them, placing a small kiss on his nose. "I love you, kells. I love you so much." He said.

"Good." I said, kissing his nose.

»»

I know this chapter sucks and it's short but the next chapter will be longer.