ii. Legally Blonde

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

TWO LEGALLY BLONDE

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       THE SUN'S UP and so is Holly, having woken up earlier than usual to ensure that she was completely and absolutely ready for her first trial as the British Youth representative. She and Mr Weasley left for the Ministry before the others had woken up — with the exception of Mrs Weasley, who insisted that Holly ate a hearty breakfast before she left — and by the time Holly's pretty silver watch read 8:58 AM, she stands in the lift, a pleasant smile playing across her lips.

       Holly waits for the doors to open into the courtroom. She lifts up the letter she received a couple of days ago, explaining where to go once she arrives. Apparently, she goes to a room off the side, but she isn't told anything other than that. She supposes it for secrecy — of course they don't want to say all of the important details, what if someone tried to break into the trial? She doesn't know why they would, but you never know nowadays.

       The doors slide open, revealing the courtroom. Holly, feeling as if she's in a new type of Triwizard Tournament, steps out into the hallway, and makes her way to the room she's been told to go.

       This is wonderful. She can see that the court's almost full, which must mean that whatever trial she's about to witness today, it's going to be important. She wonders what it could be. Maybe it'll be so revolutionary, so world-changing, that she'll remember this day long in the future. She can see it now: aged seventy-two, her hair colour barely changing since it's already almost-white, sitting peacefully somewhere sunny and warm like Hawaii. And then she'll turn to either her dog or her husband — or maybe if her husband's passed away she'll be living in a cute little villa with her best friend Pansy, because obviously they'll still be best friends, and Holly will turn to her and say, "Hey, this is the day I saw that trial!"

       She cannot wait to see her dad again, to tell him all about the exciting trials she's been able to hear and be a part of because of this amazing opportunity—

       "Holliday Lippincott," says a wizard, once Holly steps into the small room off to the side. Holly stops in her tracks, quickly snapping out of her daydream. "You're the British Youth representative, aren't you?"

       "I am!" says Holly, smiling. "Oh, you can call me Holly—"

       "The first thing you're going to do is hand these out to all of the members standing out there," says the wizard. Holly nods, smiling still as she's handed a stack of plum folders with the information inside. The name of the trial is a series of letters and numbers, ones that must have some meaning, and then today's date. The 13th July, 1996.

       She expects this. Obviously she's not going to be given the most important job in the entire Wizengamot, that is what she's going to work up towards in the upcoming years. By thirty-one she'll be the head, but for now, she's obviously going to go through menial tasks. Her dad said, when she told him about this, that it might be a little like the sort of internships muggles do whilst at college ('university' in the UK, but you know her dad). At least she isn't getting people coffee... Do wizards even drink coffee?