Amber's Little Secret

Amber's POV

"Long were the nights when my days once revolved around you.."

I laid in my bed and thought about Sam. She's my best friend, so I'm support her? Right? Or am I wrong. I don't know. It's just hard to believe that it's okay for her to walk all over this Abby girl. Yeah, Abby's with Joel and Sam is heart broken, but is it okay for her to hospitalize this girl? Sam's lucky her parents didn't make charges against her.

But I can't say no now. I've been through so much with Sam. I was there when they were in love. I watched her drift away from our friendship, and focus on him. I even was the one who he cheated on her with. But does Sam know that? Of course not. I wonder if Abby knows what a lying cheater he is. I picked up my cell phone and found his name.

"Joel." I said.

"What do you want? And tell Sam to back off." He said, giving me that attitude of his.

"I'm lonely."

"Look, I can't do this anymore. I really like Abby." Joel said, making me angry.

"She doesn't have to know."

"But it isn't right.."

"Do you want me to be the one to tell her for you? And while I'm at it, I'll tell Sam."

"You wouldn't.."

"Oh I think I would. You don't wanna try me."

"...."

"Are you home alone?" He finally asked, making me smile. I win.

"Parents are out of town.'"

"I'll be over in ten."

I ended the call, and waited for him, smiling at the fact that I secretly have everything Sam wants.

Joel's POV

"Amber, surely we can bargain."  I said, pleading this beautiful girl in front of me. Yes, she was very beautiful. But I want to be with Abby.

"You know you want me.." She said, kissing my cheek. I shrugged her off, and walked towards the door.

"Leaving so soon? I guess I'll give Abby a call and let her know where you've been." She said, snickering at me.

"No. You have to understand, I'm not like this anymore." I'm done it. I'm treating Abby right; no exceptions.

"Come on. What she don't know won't hurt her." She said, quoting my famous line I used months ago with her. She walked over to me, kissing me on the cheek. Maybe I don't want Abby...

"She's gonna find out. I don't want to be here." I said, backing toward the door.

"If you didn't have the slightest interest in me, you wouldn't be here. Come on.." She said, tugging my hand. Was this even right? Why did I come?

"No." I said, storming out of the house. I've got to call Abby. She can't find out about this. I've got to convince her that she has nothing to worry about with all these girls. I can't let Amber get to her first.

Abby's POV

I spun around my room, remembering my evening with Joel. He's just so perfect. I sang along with Taylor Swift's song "Dear John", glad that I didn't have to worry about getting my heart broken again. I fell back on my bed, laughing when it made a loud creaking noise.

"Dear John! See it all now it was wrong!"

"Yes?" I said, answering my phone call from Joel.

"I just wanted to check on you." He said; his voice sounding cold.

"I'm fine. You?"

"Yeah. Lets go walk on the beach tomorrow at three. Meet me at the restricted sign." He said, abruptly ending the call.

I shrugged it off, and walked over to my closet to pick out pajamas. What was up with his voice tonight? Was something wrong? Guys these days. After throwing on my black set, my phone rang again; this time from a withheld number.

"There's something you need to know about Joel."

"What is it?"

"If you wanna know, meet me at the beach at four. Near that restricted sign."

Okay that's just weird. Two phone calls, same place to meet. Should I be worried?