Chapter 34: Accident

*WHOLE CHAPTER IS IN THIRD PERSON'S POV*

"Of course you can trust me" Katherine said, taking a sip of her half-full cup of hot coffee, her other hand's fingernails tapping impatiently on the cold, metal table at which the two were sitting.

"I don't know" Sarah answered, unsure, but quickly made a decision and said, "I'll give you some time, and you show me that I can trust you, how about that?"

"Okay" Katherine said, accepting the offer. "That's reasonable. But how long do I have?"

"One week" Sarah replied.

------------------------------

Sarah was carefully driving through the heavy rain that fell, each drop splashing on the windows of Katherine's car, and rolling down the glass as if racing to the bottom. Katherine was letting her drive the car because she was too tired to do so. The two had become closer over the past week, so close that Sarah could finally almost trust her completely, and now considers her a friend.

As she made her way down the narrow, one-way road, Sarah wondered how the girls would be without her at the house. 'Probably better off' she thought. Her mind then drifted off to the boys, Louis in particular, and she wondered if Louis missed having her around. 'Why would he miss me?' the question roamed around in her mind. She believed that he would be better off without her as well as she was a waste of space to him anyway, just like a new toy that would be used only once before it is put aside, never to be touched again unless it is to be thrown away.

The green-eyed girl again kept good focus as the rain was making the road slippery, resulting in the car being more difficult to drive, thus the vehicle moved at a steady pace. Sarah was extra careful when she peeked around each corner, looking around for any cars that could potentially cause an accident.

But what she didn't know is that one was about to happen.

As Sarah was looking in the opposite direction, a heavy-looking car sped towards Katherine's vehicle. The car came towards them at a high speed, as if the driver didn't know of the wet conditions and didn't slow down because of them.

Sarah was still unaware of the speeding vehicle coming towards them until it was too late. As she looked at the girl next to her, Sarah noticed a horrified look in Katherine's blue eyes.

"What's wro-"

Katherine stopped her mid-word as she pointed her finger out the other window, the one on the driver's side, and as soon as Sarah's eyes caught the sight she started moving, trying to get out of the way.

But it was too late.

The other car collided with the driver's side of Katherine's, the impact sending it spinning a few metres on the slippery road, and everything went downhill from there.

The sounds of metal crushing and of every glass window of the vehicle shattering were heard. They were the only noises. Not even the two girl's screams were heard, but the pair couldn't scream. They didn't have time. It all happened so quickly. All they needed was time - a precious thing - and help. They desperately needed someone to help them.

Unfrotunately, many people chose to stay home on that particular day due to the heavy rain pouring from the sky. However, there was one witness of the crash who immediately dialled the number for an ambulance to come to the scene, and the two girls were rushed to the nearest hospital.

Not too long after their arrival, Katherine was told she could go straight home if she wanted to. She only had a few small cuts which the nurses treated with some cream, then she left. But, on the other hand, Sarah was sent to the emergency ward. She had many larger cuts on her body - these were much deeper than Katherine's - as she was sitting in the seat on the side that had the highest impact of the crash.